This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Depression And The gluten-free Diet (Non-Celiac)

WinterSong

WinterSong Community Regular

I feel like I read an article about this at some point, but I wanted to ask:

I know that the gluten-free diet can help relieve feelings of depression in people who have Celiac Disease, but how about people who are diagnosed with depression who do not have Celiac? Can going gluten-free help? Is there any research to back up this idea?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

mromyn
    Newest Member
    mromyn
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      Was the soup labeled gluten free? Who is "they"?
    • mannybilly
      i did see them and they didnt say anything, i was also very hungry then out the blue i had this partial numbness feeling around my body.
    • trents
      What do you mean you may  have gotten glutened again? "my soup happened to have noodles in them." If the noodles were made of wheat, you did get glutened. Why did you eat it? Did you not see the noodles or not read the ingredients?
    • SunshineFace
      Thank you for the insights/link, @trents! I'm glad you mentioned it; the article clarified some of the questions I had after watching a researcher interview on BeyondCeliac, talking about 'long-term immune T-cell scarring'. Exciting times for research though, with implications for related autoimmune conditions! And maybe making EGD testing in the future unnecessary?   Here's the interview:   
    • mannybilly
      I may have been gluttened again, my soup happened to have noodles in them. i had this weird cold feeling around my body when its been a hot day. i am still sweating but cant distinguish heat easy or I feel my bodies senses are thrown off. I felt more irritable and anxious, partially numb. i had a brain MRI and nothing was wrong with me there. i noticed my stools are attempting to return to normal size with slight softness to them. i still get body aches and all that. my temperature is normal at 97.8 and ive been on a hardcore soup diet and protein burgers from in an out. and I wait to eat because of the anxiety to eat anything. my stools look like they dont digest food very well still and are different in color. i still get gas and my stomach sounds like its digesting too.