This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Kroger List Of Foods That Are Gluten-Free

Mid-Thirties-GlutenFree

Mid-Thirties-GlutenFree Newbie

Attached please find a Kroger food list that I found with products that do not contain gluten.  It looks like it is updated as of 5/14. 

Open Original Shared Link

Let me know if there are any brands listed that may cause problems.  Cleaning out the kitchen pantry tonight.  (The list can be updated online by region - Gluten free product list at Kroger.com (70 pages).  Thanks,

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

It's a lovely list but I wouldn't throw out your Hunts tomato sauce ( as an example) because they didn't put it on this list. These lists are nice guidelines when you are starting gluten-free but they cannot possibly list every product that does not contain gluten. The best way to determine if a food has gluten is to read the label.

notme Experienced

here is a helpful link :)

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

if you read the disclaimer at the top of the list, even it says you must read the label every time.  these are not the only gluten free foods that kroger sells, and not all products are sold at every store.  most canned veggies and fruits are gluten-free also fresh veg & meats.  i'm glad you are moving in the right direction and i hope your husband feels better soon.  i have celiac and my husband does not, but my kitchen is pretty much dedicated (gluten free) and he eats gluten free with me (with occasional 'regular' bread lolz)

GF Lover Rising Star

I think a lot of newly diagnosed Celiacs think that if it doesn't say gluten free than you can't have it.  NOT TRUE.  Like we all say, read labels.  Lists will do you no good because they can change product ingredients at any time.

Colleen

LauraTX Rising Star

I just want to throw out there that I shop at Kroger occasionally, and went there today to get a few things, and noticed one or two products of theirs that used to be labeled gluten-free not labeled as such anymore.  So remember it is extra important to read ingredient lists.  Now I am very sad I don't have a source of that chicken meat seasoned for fajitas, it is great for parties.  Kroger does have some gluten-free shelf tags (a little brown box on the white tag) but half the gluten-free items don't have them.  Also, since Kroger stores can differ a lot from one to another, many things on the list aren't going to be in the store, unless you have one of those super krogers.

If you really want a comprehensive grocery list to start from (as a guide, then read ingredients to be doubly sure), I use the cecelias marketplace grocery shopping guide.  It is nice when you are at a different store and not sure which brands to start looking at, or are buying something that you don't normally buy.  You can find it at Open Original Shared Link    They will publish alerts on their website if something changes, but they don't always get everything as soon as it happens.  But that is the book I used when I first went gluten-free and it gave me a great starting place.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Celiacmomofone
    Newest Member
    Celiacmomofone
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Scott Adams
      Welcome, and heartburn is a symptom, along with ~200 other symptoms, but many celiacs have no symptoms, however, this does not mean that their health is not at risk should they keep eating gluten--the health risks are the same to all celiacs, regardless of whether or not they have symptoms. This article has some detailed information on how to be 100% gluten-free, so it may be helpful (be sure to also read the comments section.):    
    • Scott Adams
      This article, and the comments below it, may be helpful:    
    • jeema
      @Bindi the reason I asked about the antibody levels is because if they remain elevated after going on a gluten free diet then I think that typically indicates that there's still ongoing accidental gluten consumption.  Do you know what the trend in your levels have been since you started the diet?
    • Dora77
      I am an asymptomatic celiac, so even if I eat gluten I feel no pain.    But since 6 months I have stools which are very similar to malabsorption stools. Which could mean my small intestine is damaged which would lead to my body not being able to absorb nutrients.  I live in a gluten household but we look out for not like dipping gluten bread in butter etc. My mom doesnt make gluten food. But they sometimes make gluten noodle. And bread out of gluten flour. Mostly they buy premade gluten bread. But sometimes they also make it out of gluten flour, is this safe? Or should they completely avoid it? Because I know gluten flour is fine and can get everywhere. So what would be the right approach? Never making bread with gluten flour and cleaning the kitchen table to make sure there are no leftover gluten? Also can I drink from someone others water bottle if he ate gluten like bread prior?   I don’t know what is causing my stools, maybe pancreas enzyme deficit. The only thing which could gluten me are: what I said like gluten flour in our house (although we do it rare like 1 time in 2 months). I can tell my mom that she should completely avoid making bread of gluten flour. I guess for them to consume premade gluten bread would be fine? Drinking from friends water bottle And although I watch out for articles which state may contain gluten, a lot of spices like pepper have tons of stuff behind them like may contain peanuts or may contain gluten and I eat those peppers. i live in germany and some times there are no gluten ingredients and no may contains but also no glutenfree label like in chips. Is this safe? Is going near a bakery in for example a supermarket safe? Because of floating gluten in air. I also dont eat out. Also I guess all these stuff that I told you which could gluten me would be very small gluten. Do you think it will still damage my inner organs or make me unable to absorb nutrients? Even if I am asymptomatic? Its really hard to know for me because I don’t have any symptoms. My blood results always come fine I think, but I never did a endoscopy. And I heard blood results are unreliable. The only thing I really worry about is that I don’t want to be unable to absorb nutrients. I don’t have sever stomach pain or similar symptoms. I have celiac since I am 14 and am currently 17,5.  Would small cross contamination events that occur like 10 times in a month (like drinking from friends bottle, being near gluten airborne flour, etc) cause me to be unable in absorbing nutrients? I also don’t even know how my blood results are but there isn’t anything that explains my stools beside epi or celiac. Also could it still be that my body can absorb nutrients and function normally even though I have floating undigested stools since 6 months and they are permanent never once had normal stools since 6 months. I also take vitamins and can finally fall asleep under 1 hour since taking vitamin d, etc. but I am scared that my body cant absorb vitamins, protein fully.
    • Dsmiffy
      Hi , yes exactly this issue last week after I had been drinking Peroni gluten-free. I usually have one here and there but had a few on a night out - been rough all week and stomach and bowel not good. Same with the cough and also awful skin this week too