This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blood Test Results "normal"

darkangel

darkangel Rookie

My doctor just called. No sign of celiac disease or even any gluten sensitivity on my blood tests. B12 levels good, magnesium levels good. Red blood cell count a little low, but not anemic. So, I still have no answers.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

danikali Enthusiast
My doctor just called. No sign of celiac disease or even any gluten sensitivity on my blood tests. B12 levels good, magnesium levels good. Red blood cell count a little low, but not anemic. So, I still have no answers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

may i ask what your symptoms are?

Jnkmnky Collaborator

I came up normal with no sensitivities as well. However, being gluten free means I DO NOT have the endometriosis pain I experienced for a year+. Have you read the book Dangerous Grains? It's helpful in explaining why our bodies do not do well ingesting gluten. It was all the proof I need to believe my body does NOT like gluten....no matter what the current tests say about my reaction to gluten. Let's also not forget that testing for Celiac *while improved* is not as good as it will one day be.

darkangel Rookie
may i ask what your symptoms are?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a long history of gut trouble: tummy aches and constipation as a child, dxed with IBS in college, upgraded to ulcerative colitis in my 20s. I've been in "remission" for a couple of blissful years, but here lately the old symptoms have cropped up again and have gotten worse and worse... diarrhea, gas, cramping, bloating, allergic reactions, rash, joints aching, fatigue, sleepiness... you name it.

A couple of weeks ago, I woke up and eliminated all gluten and casein and am feeling better, but still not 100%. I had been taking a whey protein isolate supplement because I weight train. When I started losing weight, I upped my intake and it finally dawned on me, if I had a casein sensitivity, this could explain my sudden turn for the worse. So, I stopped it completely and it helped alot.

I just don't understand why all these things can bother me so much, but nothing shows up on the tests. However, I will listen to my body... not the blood test results.

My brother said I should be happy I wasn't dxed celiac disease or gluten intolerant, but it would be nice to have some answers and to KNOW what I need to do to get well.

danikali Enthusiast

I know what you are saying about having answers. You feel like you're are going nuts sometimes when they can't find anything, but SOMETHING is OBVIOUSLY going on!

My question is, what kind of tests did you just take? Blood tests? Were you off the gluten when you took the tests?

And also, have you tried going through enterolab and giving them a stool sample instead of a blood test?

But it's also true, no matter what, we know our bodies best, and if you are feeling better, than you should just keep it up. I'm actually back on the gluten for testing, and I can't believe how crappy I feel every single day again. I'm so jealous of people who can actually concentrate on life instead of their health every day!

Jnkmnky Collaborator
I have a long history of gut trouble: tummy aches and constipation as a child, dxed with IBS in college, upgraded to ulcerative colitis in my 20s. I've been in "remission" for a couple of blissful years, but here lately the old symptoms have cropped up again and have gotten worse and worse... diarrhea, gas, cramping, bloating, allergic reactions, rash, joints aching, fatigue, sleepiness... you name it.

A couple of weeks ago, I woke up and eliminated all gluten and casein and am feeling better, but still not 100%. I had been taking a whey protein isolate supplement because I weight train. When I started losing weight, I upped my intake and it finally dawned on me, if I had a casein sensitivity, this could explain my sudden turn for the worse. So, I stopped it completely and it helped alot.

I just don't understand why all these things can bother me so much, but nothing shows up on the tests. However, I will listen to my body... not the blood test results.

My brother said I should be happy I wasn't dxed celiac disease or gluten intolerant, but it would be nice to have some answers and to KNOW what I need to do to get well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's an awful lot of healing you'll have to do. A few weeks is not enough time. Give it 6 months....at least. Just be 100% gluten-free or your efforts are wasted.

Archived