This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Food Alternatives List

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Feel free to add your own and places you suggest to get stuff, I am sharing the ones I know well and the ones I use most. These include companies and places to get them. In most cases you can request these products at your local grocery stores and have them ordered for you.

Open Original Shared Link

^Ians gluten-free options you will find sides, baked/fried snacks, onion rings, chicken strips, cheese sticks, fish sticks, pizza bread. etc from them that are good subs you can find where to buy them or even have your local grocer stock them on request. Best thing about Ians is you can go to their site and adjust the filter to find stuff free of other ingredients.

^ Whole lot of food staples from this company (none safe for me) but all gluten-free alternative you can have, udi is like the cheap bargain gluten-free brand alot of there stuff seems lacking but they have a little bit of everything. From microwave dinners, pizzas, granola's, and cookies.

^CHOOSE the Wheat and Gluten Free buttons to get a list of soups, bone broths, stocks etc these are great for making alot of your own dishes

^ go to breakfast guys, I keep there cereal in stock for when I have a friend come over.

^ this is the only ones I can have the soft cookies are great, love their baking mixes, Free of Pretty much all allergens including corn.

^gluten-free sauces like siracha, BBQ, mustard, ketchup, ect. Good line up of products.

^Love the dried fruit, and pumpkin seeds from these guys, they also have other grains, granola, seeds, etc.

^Great source for flours, baking ingredients etc. all you basics

^ I bulk buy oats for my cooking business from these guys only gluten-free oats I trust and the best in the industry for testing, even other companies like Gerbs source from them for the oats

^ Salt free spices, and pretty much the only spice company I trust, they have many certifications not just gluten-free pretty much the works.

^Great tea company, all gluten-free certified teas, both bulk and bags.

^The soups from this company can be a good option for batch soup mixes, I use the dip mixes with coconut yogurt and a few additives to make gluten-free, and Dairy free Veggie dips. They also have some flours and noodles that are gluten-free.

^ great rice ramen noodles if you need your ramen fix, also have rice, and rice crackers but I prefer lundburg for this.

^Go to rice guys, WHOLE bunch of instant rice dishes, every cuisine you could want, all gluten-free, they also sell some of the best rice options, rice crackers, rice cakes, even rice chips

^Corn Chip alternatives made with beans all gluten free I love the texture of these chips, and use them garnishes to dishes often.

^Thrive Market, like a online grocery store that ship to you so you do not need to go out and buy stuff, has alot of brands just search under Gluten Free.

^Really good place for supplements, protein powders, and some gluten-free foods and snacks, Cross check with amazon for best pricing and sometimes Luckys will price match.

^Carb Free, gluten-free noodles for those of us who can not handle carbs, best to buy in bulk from them as the pricing beats other places.

^Dairy Free and gluten-free yogurts and ice creams Mostly coconut based

^Vegan, gluten-free cheeses, dips, and spreads, one of my favorites right next to Lisanatti Cheese (Their site is down so not linking them but look them up)

^Cheese Spreads, Non Dairy, and gluten-free all plant based

These are just some options  I cook for others often as a gluten-free chef and have learned about these over the years of doing so.

If anyone else needs help finding ingredients or condiments -_- I spend most my days cooking and shopping for side jobs so I know where to find  near everything. I can also point you at places to purchase these and other specialty diet needs like soy, dairy, corn, peanut free options and at the best pricing for you area if you want.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Found a UPC list from Several Grocery stores, you can takes these to your local grocery store manager and have items ordered.

^HEB/Central Market

^Whole Foods select location and store and you can even see what they have in stock.

^ Kroger

^Trader Joes

Feel free to chip in and add any of your local and favorite store list. As always check the ingredients to make sure as a lot of companies will change recipes, if in doubt make sure you see the gluten-free certified Seal on the foods.

• 2 months later...
Ennis-TX Grand Master

Few  new lines I have come across and seen good reviews on and talked about with people

^Raved by  most people I talk to as some of the BEST gluten-free breads/bagels/buns available, several of my customers talk about using them with artisan nut butters all the time.

^Makes Grain Free mixes and crackers these are great for those of us avoiding grains

^The go to college foods GLUTEN FREE HOT POCKETS I thought these would appeal to alot of people in a hurry.

^Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Carb Free. Dairy Free, Soy Free for cravings when you can't have them, bit overly processed but helps out when your limited They have coffee creamers, topping syrups, dessert dips, savory dips, salad dressings, condiments etc.

^Sugar Free jams, honey, and maple syrup using xylitol for a sweetener instead of of a bunch of crud. Stuff takes awhile for your gut to adjust to but honestly They have the only Honey I can use

^ All their products are gluten-free and their jams are good I love using their sugar free products with fiber, I also use some of smuckers SF products

^Noodle kits, Soup kits, stir fry kits, even Chinese take out kits. some even instant microwaveable. All gluten-free from what I have found gluten-free Thai/Chinese food.

^gluten-free and soy free teriyaki sauces, soy sauce subs, garlic sauce, cooking sauces, and they make knock off granola bars without oats

• 2 weeks later...
Ennis-TX Grand Master

Specialty Pizza Options

^Grain Free Pizza They use Dairy Cheese blended with chicken breast to form personal pizza crust. You can order them frozen and shipped to you.

^Grain Free Pizza using eggs, coconut and arrowroot for a base crust blend. The Naked pizza crust is dairy free. Order frozen by the case and they ship them to you.

^Grain free Cauliflower pizza crust, both normal versions with eggs and dairy cheese, and a vegan option with almond, flax, and nutritional yeast

And mentioned before but there is a hot pocket company that makes gluten-free hot pockets

THERE is also the option to make your own in your house where I have posted the recipe for making a gluten free extra melty cheesy pizza crust in the baking section where I make it with a dairy free or dairy based cheese IN THE CRUST DOUGH. so melty you have to eat it with a fork like a artisan pizza pie from small shop.

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/116852-cauliflower-pizza-crust-recipe-sauce/

Dough mixes

^ Uses a almond, coconut, and cauliflower blend in a powdered mix great for making your own dough grain free with much less prep work

WHILE on the subject of grain free options I would like to introduce a company that makes some ALRIGHT options not the best but the fact they are keto friendly, paleo based puts them at the top of my make do emergency list. The bars from them are meh, the cheese is alright but the fact you can order it on amazon has a selling point, the breads are iffy as well but decent for urges.

^Grain free dairy free options for Cheese, breads, wraps, protein meal bars, pancake mixes, pizza dough mixes, etc. All can be ordered on line or amazon.

• 1 month later...
Ennis-TX Grand Master

List updates with some more products I have been trying or using

^look for the gluten-free label, you can get all kinds of sausage, bacon, burger patties etc from them all from turkey. I like using the bacon and sausages for soup stocks, and seasoning myself.

^Chips made of pure pea protein and a tiny bit of potato almost zero carb protein chips, they are decent alternative to chips.

^Coffee Alternative/ground cocoa nibs, you have to brew them in a metal drip basket or a press brew. I honestly use them as what they are, ground cocoa nibs, and I eat them over deserts and for snacks. Great source of fiber and good fats without the sugar.

^Great source for mayo, vegan mayo, mustard, ketchup, and SECRET SAUCE. all gluten and corn free with NO artificial preservatives, My main condiment when cooking for others, as a chef I trust it quite a bit.

^ Meat alternative using Pea Protein, I love the beefy crumbles as they have the texture and flavor of ground beef. Low carb and good for ketogenic diets. MUCH easier to digest then actual beef while having the same amount of protein and less fat.

^ DESERT Flavored Coffee all gluten-free and safe, I called the company and even tested most of the coffee flavors myself using testing kits. Sounded too good to be true but most of these taste dead on like the deserts they are supposed to , just add sweetener. 

^ gluten-free, Dairy Free, and Sugar Free Vegan icecream safe for the ketogenic diet, and free of most crap.

Archived