This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Nature Valley Oats n Honey Granola Bars. safe?

Deades

Deades Contributor

Are these safe?  The ingredients are:. Whole grain oats, sugar, canola oil, rice flour, honey, salt, brown sugar syrup, baking soda, soy lecithin, natural flavor.  I am new at this, but nothing says no to me.  Am I wrong?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master
12 minutes ago, Deades said:

Are these safe?  The ingredients are:. Whole grain oats, sugar, canola oil, rice flour, honey, salt, brown sugar syrup, baking soda, soy lecithin, natural flavor.  I am new at this, but nothing says no to me.  Am I wrong?

Nature Valley has some that are gluten-free.  But I don't think these are.  Oats must be "gluten free oats".  Oats are usually contaminated with wheat during harvesting and transport.  gluten-free oats are specially grown, or at least sorted, to be gluten-free.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

RedPandi
    Newest Member
    RedPandi
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Deborah123
      Can low Carnitine be associated with Celiac?  My toddler tested low for Carnitine and has other indicators which seem to be pointing towards celiac.  Has anyone heard of this before?   
    • Wheatwacked
      Issues with fat digestion often are the result of not enough cloline in the diet from avoiding eggs and red meat.   Awesome.
    • Wheatwacked
      Eating foods that make you feel better. Good Plant based diet, not so good.  In addition, for Celiac Disease, when you eat gluten free there are food fortifications that are required in not gluten free processed food but are not in gluten free foods.  In addition to the list on this website, consider iodine (in the US population iodine intake deceased and choline (eggs, meat, dairy, fish) deficiency... 7 Nutrients That You Can’t Get from Plants  
    • Scott Adams
      Your biopsy results indicate several key findings that are consistent with celiac disease: Partial Villous Atrophy: This means that the villi (small finger-like projections in the small intestine that help absorb nutrients) are partially flattened. This is a common feature of celiac disease. Increased Intraepithelial Lymphocytes: This indicates a higher number of immune cells within the lining of the intestine, which is another hallmark of celiac disease. Crypt Hyperplasia: This refers to the enlargement of the crypts (glandular structures in the lining of the intestine), which is often seen in celiac disease. Loss of Goblet Cells: Goblet cells produce mucus, and their loss can be associated with inflammation and damage to the intestinal lining. Mild Increase in Chronic Inflammation: This indicates ongoing inflammation in the lining of the intestine. No Evidence of Dysplasia or Malignancy: This is a positive finding, indicating that there are no precancerous or cancerous changes in the tissue. The conclusion of “partial villous atrophy compatible with celiac disease” means that these findings are consistent with a diagnosis of celiac disease.
    • Scott Adams
      It looks like the test specific for celiac disease is negative, but your  immunoglobulin A is high. Did they do a total IgA test? This is usually done in case you are naturally low in IgA, which can cause a false negative result with your TTg-IgA test. An immunoglobulin A (IgA) test measures the level of IgA antibodies in your blood, but it isn't specific for celiac disease. IgA is one of the most common types of antibodies in the body and plays a crucial role in the immune system. Doctors may order an IgA test to diagnose problems with the immune system, intestines, and kidneys. It’s also used for kids who have recurrent infections and to check for autoimmune conditions like celiac disease, arthritis, and lupus. IgA antibodies are found in mucous membranes of the lungs, sinuses, stomach, and intestines. They help protect the body by recognizing and getting rid of germs. This article might be helpful. It breaks down each type of test, and what a positive results means in terms of the probability that you might have celiac disease. One test that always needs to be done is the IgA Levels/Deficiency Test (often called "Total IGA") because some people are naturally IGA deficient, and if this is the case, then certain blood tests for celiac disease might be false-negative, and other types of tests need to be done to make an accurate diagnosis. The article includes the "Mayo Clinic Protocol," which is the best overall protocol for results to be ~98% accurate.