This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Both kids NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Deades

Deades Contributor

I am so excited for my kids (ages 21 and 19).  They had the blood test and it was negative for both. So happy for them.  However, we know it may be dormant and can appear any time.  Mine was dormant until last year.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master
3 hours ago, Deades said:

I am so excited for my kids (ages 21 and 19).  They had the blood test and it was negative for both. So happy for them.  However, we know it may be dormant and can appear any time.  Mine was dormant until last year.

My boys are 21 and 24.  They have tested negative before, but if symptoms arise, they get tested.  One had some symptoms And tested -  it was negative.  Worked out the problem - not Celiac.

But it is good for them to keep it in mind. 

ravenwoodglass Mentor

That's great news. Good they know to retest if any symptoms pop up down the line. If and when they do develop celiac they will have you to help them with the ins and out of staying safe. Hope you are healing well and feeling better.

TexasJen Collaborator

Yay! My kids are negative too. I am going to have them screened every 2 years while they are still growing. I don't want to wait until they are not growing to diagnose it. (By then, they probably would have had it for 2-3 years, esp since 50% don't have typical symptoms). Of course, if they develop symptoms, I'll have them retested sooner. 

I think the current guidelines say screen first degree relatives every 2-3 years or if symptoms develop. However, I was only diagnosed last year, and there were no guidelines at that time. My pedi called a very well respected pedi GI and he made his "best guess" at the time.  I think the recommendations on screening relative will be changing over the next 5-10 years

squirmingitch Veteran

Hooray, hooray! Great news! 

cyclinglady Grand Master

Congrats!  My kid tested normal too.  She will get re-tested if symptoms develop.  Our doctor also checked her thyroid and anemia issues too, since that was how I presented.  

Archived