This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Aldi gluten-free Bread Availability?

JonathanG

JonathanG Newbie

Has anyone heard about when Aldi's gluten-free bread will be available again? Its been off the shelves for a couple of months. Its inexpensive and my son's favorite. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master

I would honestly avoid it. Aldi has a HUGE issue with gluten contamination on their products, and constantly has recalls on some. None of their facilities are 100% gluten free. Many swear by Canyon House, or Against the grain. I personally love Julian Bakery grain free breads, their new seed bread....toast like real bread, low carb, grain free, and 100% gluten free facility. Many of these companies ship from their website to your house. OH if you live in the US and have celiac disease confirmed keep your receipts for these and a itemized list, the price difference between gluten-free loafs and white bread loafs is a complete tax write off.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
2 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

OH if you live in the US and have celiac disease confirmed keep your receipts for these and a itemized list, the price difference between gluten-free loafs and white bread loafs is a complete tax write off.

I don't know if this is worth it for most folks. Do check with your tax pro before going to all the trouble of pricing non-gluten free and gluten free purchased the same day and doing all the calculations needed as well as saving the reciepts. It is written off as a health expense and only available if you are someone who itemizes. It may also set you up for an audit.

Ennis-TX Grand Master
2 minutes ago, ravenwoodglass said:

I don't know if this is worth it for most folks. Do check with your tax pro before going to all the trouble of pricing non-gluten free and gluten free purchased the same day and doing all the calculations needed as well as saving the reciepts. It is written off as a health expense and only available if you are someone who itemizes. It may also set you up for an audit.

I honestly only do it with Almond Flours, Coconut Flours, Hazelnut Flours, Julian Bakery Breads, Califlour Foods Pizza Crust, and Noodle Purchases. All of these I have on their own receipt. I keep them in a folder in my emails, and a picture and tagged photo on Hello Receipts app. I also have Account Balance book I converted to itemize them. And show cost difference between them and the gluten versions.....I do not think about wanting to do it with everyday purchases and mixed receipts.

gilligan Enthusiast

I love Aldi's gluten free bread and have never had a problem with it.  Yes, they still make it, but it is hard to find lately.  I found the bread, burger buns, and hot dog buns in Kentucky this weekend.  The buns are honestly my favorite of all the brands I have tried.  They show up at the stores sporadically, so my advice is to purchase as much as you can and freeze when you find them.

PinkyGurl Explorer

It was pulled a while back due to egg contamination.  My Aldi's just got it back in stick this week, so hang in there slowly but surely it's shipping back out!

Archived