This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

There's nothing here yet

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Scott Adams replied to V.Beth's topic in Super Sensitive People

Giving up grains entirely

2. - trents replied to V.Beth's topic in Super Sensitive People

Giving up grains entirely

3. - Scott Adams replied to Julianne101's topic in Gluten-Free Foods, Products, Shopping & Medications

Provitalize - probiotic/herbal supplement

4. - dixonpete commented on dixonpete's blog entry in Pete Dixon

A two for four incubation

5. - Scott Adams replied to Eldene's topic in Related Issues & Disorders

Hunger

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Wormsy22
    Newest Member
    Wormsy22
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Scott Adams
      Yes, and we've done some articles on this which could be helpful:    
    • trents
      Grains are high in plant defense chemicals known as lectins. Lectins are not well-tolerated by many in the celiac community.
    • Scott Adams
      A quick look at their website and Provitalize claims to be gluten-free, so I wonder if you are getting gluten or some other food that you have an intolerance to in your diet? https://thebbco.com/products/provitalize Shortly after my celiac disease diagnosis I kept a food diary on an Excel spreadsheet (you could use Google Sheets) to track what I ate, and what my reactions were, if any. This allowed me to identify foods that caused me IBS-like symptoms, and in my case I had to eliminate chicken eggs, dairy, tomatoes, and corn, at least for a while (I was able to add them back to my diet after being gluten-free a few years, once my villi healed). To begin an elimination diet, it makes sense to start with the top most common food allergens, as identified by regulatory agencies like the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) and health organizations like the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), and eliminate them one at a time for 2-3 weeks, then add the item back and record any symptoms or issues you might have. It might make sense to start this process in this order: Milk Eggs Peanuts Tree nuts (such as almonds, cashews, walnuts) Soy Fish Shellfish (such as shrimp, crab, lobster) Sesame seeds Mustard  
    • Scott Adams
      Increasing the fat content in meals can help individuals with celiac disease feel less hungry by providing longer-lasting satiety, since fats digest more slowly than carbohydrates and proteins. Fats take longer to digest compared to carbohydrates and proteins, which helps in maintaining a feeling of fullness for a longer period. Fats play a crucial role in the production of satiety hormones such as leptin, which signal to the brain that you are full. Fats provide a concentrated source of energy, meaning even small amounts can significantly contribute to the feeling of being satiated. By incorporating these healthy fats into your diet, you can manage hunger more effectively, leading to better overall nutritional balance.  This article may be helpful:    
    • Scott Adams
      To be safe, it's always best to go for products with at least "gluten-free" on their label, or even better, certified gluten-free.