This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

thetravelingceliac

thetravelingceliac Newbie

I recently took a blood test and went over the results with my GI doctor who will be performing and endoscopy and colonoscopy on me soon. I can't remember exactly what she said, but I believe she was talking about my IGA-TTG levels. She said the normal range was under 10 but mine was 639. I think she was talking about IGA-TTG but I'm not sure. For people who have done this test what were your high levels? 

Thanks!

Female, 16

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Mine didn't count past 100 - so I was over 100.  When the numbers are that high, it means you have Celiac.  Slightly elevated numbers can sometimes be caused by other things.  Welcome to the club!:D

cyclinglady Grand Master

Welcome!  Hopefully your doctor advised you to keep eating gluten until all testing is complete (biopsy results are in).  

christianmom247 Explorer

My TTG-IGA level was 136 and I was diagnosed with celiac. 

thetravelingceliac Newbie

I am still eating gluten until the biopsy. Because mine was so much higher than other's I've read, is my gut more damaged? Am I more likely to have the harmful long term effects? Thanks for the info so far

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Marcia Louise Davies
    Newest Member
    Marcia Louise Davies
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• glucel
      Just checking that you are taking 1000 mcg b 12. The reason I ask is because I take 100 which I thought was a lot at over 4000% of rda even though the body allegedly throws off what is not needed.
    • Pgomez300
      Hello everyone,  im new here, sorry for my english, is not my first language.  Im writing because a saw your messages about having fatty tissue on your abdomen.  I recently found a couple of balls that feel like veins to the touch in the upper part of my belly buttom (diagonal each side). i went to the ER and they dont know what it is, I have an appointment with a surgeon to see what kind of images he would like. At first it just looked like I was gaining weight, two spots that looked like cellulite type skin (im not overweight) but had a 10 pound baby and have diastisis. But now I touch it and feels like bumps, and hurts like a bruise to the toach. Now I move and feel it and am aware of it all the time. When I sit down I also feel it a lot. I had a rash on top of it for a day which later on disappeared. I also have been having an upset stomach with some nausea. I dont know if is a coincidence.    Im scared. Anybody else with these? Can I share pictures?   thank you !  
    • glucel
      Good point, think I will have spend a bit more and buy boulder at whole foods.
    • RMJ
      I don’t know what sort of labeling TJs does for gluten free.  In general, if a company labels some products gluten free, then has a product not labeled gluten free, I would be very cautious with that product.
    • trents
      Welcome to the forum, @Tracey Thomas! Can you be more specific about the the blood test that was done for celiac disease? There isn't just one that can be run so it would be helpful to know which one or which ones were run to get an idea if others should have been run that weren't. Here is an article to help you understand what I'm talking about:  In order for celiac disease testing to be valid you must be eating significant amounts of gluten containing foods for weeks up to the time of testing. Often, people who suspect they may have celiac disease will experiment ahead of testing with the gluten free diet or at least cutting back significantly on their gluten intake. By so doing, they sabotage the testing. A person should be consuming at least 10g of gluten (the amount found in approximately 4-6 slices of bread) daily for several weeks leading up to the day of testing. Also, if a person has certain medical conditions such as anemia and diabetes or if they are IGA deficient (see the article I linked) it can skew the IGA blood tests down toward the negative range. It's really important that a "total IGA" test be ordered to check for IGA deficiency but many physicians neglect to do this.