This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. Jane87

Jane87

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Alan East Lansing
    Newest Member
    Alan East Lansing
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Banana
      Hi.  Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful replies.  Well, I have had a number of tests including a colonoscopy 2 days ago.  That showed quite a few diverticulae (atypical distribution) & 3 polyps which were removed.  I watched it all on the 'telly' at the time.  So DX is now diverticula disease and looks like my weeks of pain were an attack of diverticulitis.  It does fit.  Will keep my mind open to other possibilities but it is lovely being free of pain and, indeed, feeling very well at the moment.      
    • Zipper1975
      I had 9 out 10 of your symptoms & most doctors don't pay attention about it. I figured out after extreme stomach pains I couldn't eat anything with regular flour or worse wheat. If u do few crumbs my stomach looked like I was 8 months pregnant no kidding. But I noticed what works for me is going green organic kectin free diet life style. Even gourmet chocolates made me bed doubled over in pain. Through research found out the problem was my gut health affect by lectin ( inflammation causing that's is naturally occuring in mostly night shade plants ex: zucchini) so to kill them I found out must pressure cook those veggies and other skin seeds from nature. And FYI: oats have naturally in them 5-8% gluten that definitely will cause me pain & inflammation. So I try my best eat organic grain free diet than there no pain & I feel more energy. Your symptoms are definitely from foods you are eating. And mushrooms are regular must because they help good bacteria balance growth in our gut to fight off inflammations and bad bacteria for our health. You also need to check if thyroid is intact and for B12 Deficiency & low Iron or low folic acid. I was severely anemic for years. And still am vitamin D deficiency from tears damage to my gut & lack of sunlight. Our gut is a responsible for absorbing vitamins. This is from personal experience not expertise but good luck with that with doctors are only trained 1 hour on nutrition in all their medical schooling as far as what a trusted sources I researched. Wish you all the best. Zohara R. ....I meant Lectin free diet not kectin lol.
    • RMJ
      Four years after I started my gluten free diet I still had “focal mild villous blunting.” One of the four antibodies tested was also still a little high (all four had been high at first). Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to have a biopsy prior to going gluten free so don’t know if the blunting was an improvement or not.   Did you have a biopsy when diagnosed? Is blunting an improvement? At least you have villi and not villous atrophy.  Hopefully your gastroenterologist or another doctor will try to find the cause of your current symptoms, even if they don’t think it is celiac.  
    • Scott Adams
    • Ginger38
      Yes it was successful , have a really bad sore throat and some abdominal pain / gas but guess I’m okay. He took several biopsies of my duodenum, stomach and colon