This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Panel

Mads11

Mads11 Newbie

Hey everyone! I had a blood test on Tuesday and haven’t gotten a call from my doctor yet but received the results. Does anyone know if this panel points towards having celiac disease?

B2CC62AE-247D-48B6-9D5A-0A1596393795.png

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

squirmingitch Veteran

Yes, both your DGP tests are positive. Sure am glad they did the DGP tests on you b/c your TTG test shows a negative. Next step is an endoscopic biopsy. Keep eating gluten (no matter what ANYONE says) until you've had the endoscopy. You don't have to eat a lot, you can just have a couple crackers or a slice of bread each day OR you can go for broke & eat every gluten goody you can stuff down your throat. Go on a gluten goodbye binge. 

GFinDC Veteran

Hi Mads,

Yes, you have a positive result on 2 separate antibodies to gliaden, a protein in wheat that people with celiac disease react to.  They will probably want to do an endoscopy next to take biopsy samples.  The biopsy samples can confirm the celiac diagnosis.  You should keep eating wheat until the endoscopy is done.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Charlotte214
    Newest Member
    Charlotte214
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Grlybrainiac
      It seems like your question might have been resolved, but I have been glutened testing perfume in Sephora (probably because it got into the air). During that process though I found a perfume I liked (L’Imperatrice, Dolce & Gabbana), so I went home and emailed the company and they got back to me after doing some research and said that it does not contain any gluten. I’ve been using it for over a year now and have had no issues! So maybe there are other perfumes at D&G that are safe to use? 
    • Lockgirl
      I love BFree. I can find it at my Walmart stores. I’m in Texas and here I can also find it at HEB. The oat loaf is so good. Sourdough is good too. I’m finding they have a longer shelf life, months. I typically buy several and freeze into portions so I can take out what I need. If you can order online I would definitely try that. 
    • Kazbo
      Thank you everyone, I have been referred to gastroenterology, which is great but just more waiting.  In the meantime I'll carry on gluten free. 🙂
    • Wheatwacked
      I get the Canyon Heritage Style Wholegrain sometimes the Honeywhite. Their heritage style is about the size and texture of rye bread.  Keep it in the freezer and nuke two slices for a minute then cool on a wood cutting board.  Good for roast beef, ham and swiss and hamburgers.
    • plumbago
      Boar's Head is good when I occasionally buy it. But right now - Sept 2024 - I would be extra careful since they found listeria in their meat plants. Check to see if the packages in your area are affected.