This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Nightmare questiion and allergy question

healthysquirrel

healthysquirrel Enthusiast

Hello Everyone,

For the past few weeks, I have had a recurring nightmare that I have Celiac Disease, thhen I wake up and realize that it is true. ? 
It is so strange. I am still a newbie I guess. Does this happen to anyone else?

I have a question about soy, apples, milk and hazlenuts.
I am newly allergic to all of those, I hear the milk allergy will go away with the return of my villi.
Has anyone encountered the same sort of healing with other allergies? Have any gone away? Apples were so damn easy to put in my purse and have handy for a good gluten free snack!

Thanks, Hope I'm being clear, been in a brain fog for a few days ;)

Wishing you all health!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pikakegirl Enthusiast

Yes on the nightmares. Usually I know I am Celiac and my family gives me food but it has gluten in it and I am furious. That has never happened and they arensuper supportive to the point my home is gluten free so go figure.

As for food allergies and inollerences. I had blood tests for food but they are 50% accurate at best. I never had these before going gluten free but while healing for many years I had countless intollerences. I ended up on an elimination diet for years. Mind you I had no undamaged GI and I was in my 40s so it took longer for me to heal fully which I am now. I still have intollerences to legumes, citrus, soy, casin, chicken (not eggs), nightshades..... some of those have to do with neurotoxins being very high in the vegetable itself. I went on the FODMAP diet and got rid of gas and bloat. Some nuts are ok others go right through. I can do dairy but my CRP marker for inflamation goes up. I am also MTHFR single gene positive so foods high in folic acid make me feel awful so i avoid and take lmethyfolate daily. Many vitamins i take are the methyl form, the broken down form. 

Keep coming here, lots of great information and great people. You will heal and it gets better little by little. My change in diet cleared my arteries, got rid of my kidney stones, made my hair and skin soft, fixed my gi cramping and gas.....hang in there.

Ennis-TX Grand Master
3 hours ago, healthysquirrel said:

Hello Everyone,

For the past few weeks, I have had a recurring nightmare that I have Celiac Disease, thhen I wake up and realize that it is true. ? 
It is so strange. I am still a newbie I guess. Does this happen to anyone else?

I have a question about soy, apples, milk and hazlenuts.
I am newly allergic to all of those, I hear the milk allergy will go away with the return of my villi.
Has anyone encountered the same sort of healing with other allergies? Have any gone away? Apples were so damn easy to put in my purse and have handy for a good gluten free snack!

Thanks, Hope I'm being clear, been in a brain fog for a few days ;)

Wishing you all health!

Yeah get those nightmares randomly of eating somewhere or something not safe.

Food allergies? Allergies do not really go away.....they are pretty much life.
Food sensitivities and intolerance issues do go away sometimes. I used to have a legume issue with pea protein that went away in a few months, the sesame issue stuck around for over a year I can eat in moderation now, and double issues with olives (Adultered with corn oil I was allergic to and then I had a sensitivity to real ones. The latter went away...still have the corn issues and stick to certain brands.) I get rolling issues of intolerance or food sensitivities that spike after a exposure and sometimes go away....lettuce is still a NO, and peanuts have made me vomit for the past 3 some odd years. Soy will give me bloating, and soy lectin containing foods are fine.
Some other things are enzyme break down thing, so I can not eat animal fats, or meats without feeling sick.
But I am forever allergic to corn and whey, but I will say certain things can make them MUCH worse, less antihistamines, or taking foods high in iodine can make reactions more drastic.

This covers many issues well. Open Original Shared Link

On 11/15/2018 at 7:58 PM, Ennis_TX said:

Yeah get those nightmares randomly of eating somewhere or something not safe.

Food allergies? Allergies do not really go away.....they are pretty much life.
Food sensitivities and intolerance issues do go away sometimes. I used to have a legume issue with pea protein that went away in a few months, the sesame issue stuck around for over a year I can eat in moderation now, and double issues with olives (Adultered with corn oil I was allergic to and then I had a sensitivity to real ones. The latter went away...still have the corn issues and stick to certain brands.) I get rolling issues of intolerance or food sensitivities that spike after a exposure and sometimes go away....lettuce is still a NO, and peanuts have made me vomit for the past 3 some odd years. Soy will give me bloating, and soy lectin containing foods are fine.
Some other things are enzyme break down thing, so I can not eat animal fats, or meats without feeling sick.
But I am forever allergic to corn and whey, but I will say certain things can make them MUCH worse, less antihistamines, or taking foods high in iodine can make reactions more drastic.

This covers many issues well. Open Original Shared Link

Hey Ennis_TX ! Thanks for your reply & helpful link! I am still learning. I'm glad your legume sensitivity went away since that pea protein seems to help you a lot. My apple, celery, soy, and milk allergies all showed up on a igE blood test. Some of the numbers were not very elevated, but I will see this with a new DR who is also a micronutritionist and knows a ton about celiac in a few weeks. (can't wait to be heard!!!) I would be so interested to get the same blood test in a year to see the results. Good point about soy vs soy lectin, I will see about this as well. It would be a huge relief if this is ok. As for allergies, my symptoms with apples are really nothing when i eat royal gala, all other apples make me feel only slightly acidic. Anyway, this low fodmap, gluten free, whole food diet is really working for me in many ways including digestive issues, just can't wait for the nerve and muscle pain to dissipate! 

Have a lovely evening!

On 11/15/2018 at 7:15 PM, pikakegirl said:

Yes on the nightmares. Usually I know I am Celiac and my family gives me food but it has gluten in it and I am furious. That has never happened and they arensuper supportive to the point my home is gluten free so go figure.

As for food allergies and inollerences. I had blood tests for food but they are 50% accurate at best. I never had these before going gluten free but while healing for many years I had countless intollerences. I ended up on an elimination diet for years. Mind you I had no undamaged GI and I was in my 40s so it took longer for me to heal fully which I am now. I still have intollerences to legumes, citrus, soy, casin, chicken (not eggs), nightshades..... some of those have to do with neurotoxins being very high in the vegetable itself. I went on the FODMAP diet and got rid of gas and bloat. Some nuts are ok others go right through. I can do dairy but my CRP marker for inflamation goes up. I am also MTHFR single gene positive so foods high in folic acid make me feel awful so i avoid and take lmethyfolate daily. Many vitamins i take are the methyl form, the broken down form. 

Keep coming here, lots of great information and great people. You will heal and it gets better little by little. My change in diet cleared my arteries, got rid of my kidney stones, made my hair and skin soft, fixed my gi cramping and gas.....hang in there.

pikakegirl. Glad you are well surrounded, although you aren't in your nightmares...which is quite normal ?

Interesting about the accuracy of the blood tests! My intolerances seemed to have come during my healing as well. Did you stay on the low fodmap or have you reintroduced anything? What a perfect name for that gene... MTHFR!

Very good idea about the vitamins. I think that while healing, I need to change to methyl!

Glad your diet has resolved so many issues for you!

Awol cast iron stomach Experienced

I had weird dreams too. I had cc dreams and watching my symptoms and pain as 3rd person.  I had dreams I was hiding my favorite missed gluten  foods in my sock drawer of my bedroom nightstand and my family would bust me opening it and tell me honey / mom you are celiac you can't eat that and I would cry. I woke up one day realizing the feelings were so real and I was grieving. So yep been there.

As for intolerances I went from one to 8 to 13 and now down to 3. I was dropping anything that gave me an inflamed gi, off gi, muscle pain, nerve pain, and joint pain as my guide while mending. The veterans and community here helped me tremendously and they will you too. 

I am glad you know about the condition and are on the right track. Good luck with the healing.?

Hey AWOL !

trippy nightmare! So happy to hear you have less intolerances now. Amazing. Phew! Thanks for the hope. I feel much better everyday. Suddenly seems accelerated?! I can almost walk normally. Still in pain, but I am walking about 10 x faster than a few weeks ago. Something I am doing is working. I even had a cookie today (gluten-free of course) but it was my first processed food in so long. I was scared and it was totally fine. I haven’t had alcohol in months. I am scared, but i would love a wee drink. Curious how long people take to reintroduce booze. I will never drink as I did before, i loved beer and brewed, but a drink once in a while would be fab. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived