This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

News: Celiac.com: Holiday Survival Guide

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

CCA is ready to help you and your family not just survive the holidays but ... As individuals with celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity, we all ...

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

LPeace
    Newest Member
    LPeace
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• glucel
      I lost 36 pounds (180 to 144) over several months after bypass surgery in sept 2022. I bottomed out at 144 pounds early july this year. Since then slowly gained 5 pounds to 149 but have stalled ther for last few weeks. I read that surgeries can instigate celiac disease in older adults and endoscopy confirmed it april 30. But the weight loss bothers me. Has anybody had similar experience or have any ideas how to gain some weight? I have been taking all the common recommended supplements plus enzymes and probiotics.
    • trents
      The tTG-IGA test as a specificity of around 95%. In other words, the chance that something else is causing your positive tTG-IGA result is around 5%.   
    • TraceyG
      @Wheatwacked ha! That sums it up nicely. That’s the part I wasn’t clear on. Thank you !
    • Wheatwacked
      I found this article very a very clear explanation of test results with example cases.  I especially liked this line at the end. "In an effort to justify why we can go against the result of a positive test, we ask “how positive is it’? It’s like getting a positive pregnancy test back and asking “how pregnant am I?” I think it answers some of your specific questions. Are You Confused About Your Celiac Disease Lab Results?
    • RMJ
      What organization certifies them? I didn’t see a logo.