This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

News: Quick 'n easy mac 'n cheese

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

If you have celiac disease, you can sub in any gluten-free pasta of your ... This can also work with any shredded cheese you have lying around in your ...

View the full article

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Laura Curtiss Palmer
    Newest Member
    Laura Curtiss Palmer
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• cristiana
      I recall some statistic I heard some years back, that in powdered chocolate milk there were something like 25 different stages in the production process taking into account all the ingredients.  I can see that if this is true, the more stages there are the more chances there are for cross-contamination.  Eating whole foods helps minimise or totally eliminate this risk.  It took me several years for my tTG levels to return to normal, and looking back maybe processed food could have been part of the problem.  Definitely worth trying cooking from scratch.
    • Scott Adams
      I've not used their service, but it seems like a reasonable way to go if you can afford it. Let us know how it goes.
    • Scott Adams
      Are you eating enough protein, fat and carbohydrates? Healthy carbs like corn tortillas, rice and beans can help you gain weight. Increasing the fat content in meals can help individuals with celiac disease feel less hungry by providing longer-lasting satiety, since fats digest more slowly than carbohydrates and proteins. This article may be helpful:    
    • DanMc
      I don't mean to scold, but none of what you're eating there is food, every single thing is a food product, which means raw food adulterated with various additives. It's at that adulteration point where various nasties that the body dislikes start to creep in. Bulking agents, colours, sugar, various gums and additives. And of course, trace amounts of gluten. If possible - and i imagine this won't be easy or cheap, but it's worthwhile - try and get more whole foods into your diet, and cook them from scratch. That means meat, fish, tolerated grains, fruit and veg. At the moment you are basically eating trash - sorry!
    • JustinB
      Medline shut them down after that first acquisition, but the investor that bought them a year or two later seemed to be in it for the right reasons when he rebranded it as Nima Partners. It's been nearly three months since their website went down and nearly as long since their last update, so no one really knows what happened. Finances and logistics probably had a lot to do with it. We have always made our test kit domestically which has helped us on the supply side and everything is handled and inspected by staff at multiple steps, so labor is a big cost. They were making an electronic device with specialty housing, so they not only had that cost but likely had a bigger supply and quality issue depending on where there manufacturing was based.