This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone Out There From Dallas, Texas

Lollie

Lollie Enthusiast

I've only been gluten-free for about a month and trying to find restraunts is getting to be a real challenge!

-Lollie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

emily ann Newbie
I've only been gluten-free for about a month and trying to find restraunts is getting to be a real challenge!

-Lollie

Hi laura-

I'm from dallas, tx! do you know about the website www.dfwceliac.org ? its a good site, it has a whole list of our local restraunts. feel free to email me anytime emilyann.h@gmail.com

Lollie Enthusiast

Thinks for responding.. I will go check out that website right now!!!!! :D

You can E-mail me, too. laurasturgellpottery@yahoo.com

-Lollie

• 8 months later...
failedreality Newbie
Hi laura-

I'm from dallas, tx! do you know about the website www.dfwceliac.org ? its a good site, it has a whole list of our local restraunts. feel free to email me anytime emilyann.h@gmail.com

I just ran across this site and also glad you posted the dfwceliac site as well, looks like it has a lot of useful information..

• 4 months later...
cybermommy Newbie

-Lollie

I am from Weatherford & am having same challenge. I go into Ft Worth a lot & have to make the trip count for as much as I can, so I have to eat while there. I can handle it at home but I keep getting glutened when I go out, even though I try to be carefull.

Good Luck,

Deb

• 2 weeks later...
txnmaryann Rookie

-Lollie

Hi! What part of Dallas are you in? There's a restaurant called Laura's Bistro in a market called Delicious-N-Fit, which is in Plano. The WHOLE restaurant is Gluten Free, and they have a GREAT chocolate cake. They also sell glutten free cooking necessities. If you're in the area, it's on the Northeast corner of Alma and Parker.

Mary Ann

larry mac Enthusiast
I've only been gluten-free for about a month and trying to find restraunts is getting to be a real challenge! -Lollie

Hi Lollie,

Three months here. We don't eat out at restaurants often anyway, but lately I've been getting the urge to. I'm guessing it may have to do with completely eliminating fast food, pizza, donuts, etc. and changing my diet so much at home.

Had my first meal out last week and OMG it was good. One of my BC favs, Cowboy Chicken's special enchiladas. They're quite different.

I also recommend the monthly meetings of the Lone Star support group (dfwceliac). Many of those people eat out all the time.

best regards, lm

p.s., oops just realized these are new posts responding to your year old post!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 1 month later...
little d Enthusiast

Hello fellow texans

I live in Arlington, hope to run into someone at Whole Foods in North Arlington. I have no idea where Central Market is in Ft worth, My coworkers go there a lot.

Donna

• 4 weeks later...
WendyA Newbie
Hello fellow texans

I live in Arlington, hope to run into someone at Whole Foods in North Arlington. I have no idea where Central Market is in Ft worth, My coworkers go there a lot.

Donna

WendyA Newbie

Donna,

Central Market is at I30 and Hulen on the Southwest corner. It's worth the trip to see the store, but they don't have much gluten-free. Healthy Approach in Colleyville has the best selection I know of if you haven't been there, I highly recommend it.

Wendy

little d Enthusiast
Donna,

Central Market is at I30 and Hulen on the Southwest corner. It's worth the trip to see the store, but they don't have much gluten-free. Healthy Approach in Colleyville has the best selection I know of if you haven't been there, I highly recommend it.

Wendy

Hi Wendy

I was just asking a coworker the other night about Central Market it is closer to me than Colleyville, I have a tendecy to get lost if I go past DFW, I35 and such. I will make a trip to CM to see it but Whole Foods is pretty good with there gluten-free items.

Thanks

Donna

Babygirl6915 Explorer

WoW! There are alot more people from Dallas on here than I thought. How do you get in on the monthly meetings someone was talking about? I would defintely be interested in that!

little d Enthusiast

babygirl6915

Hi there, the monthly meeting are with the NorthTexas Glutne Intolerance Group there is a web site just look up northtexasgig.com sorry I don't know how to put up the web link but anyway you can sign up on there for the daily newletter which are free I did that for a while until I got upset with my doctor and told her to stop because I was negative which now I think was stupid of me because she gave very good info and warnings and stuff. anyway they do have monthly meetings in the HEB area. I just looked at there web site and the next meeting is July 7 from 9-12 Celiac 101 and 10-12 group meeting. I think that this is very informative web site. Betty Barfield is the president manager@northtexasgig.com. I have never gone to a meeting, i think that the first one is free to attend and then you have to start paying after that, anyway I hope that this will help.

donna

Babygirl6915 Explorer
babygirl6915

Hi there, the monthly meeting are with the NorthTexas Glutne Intolerance Group there is a web site just look up northtexasgig.com sorry I don't know how to put up the web link but anyway you can sign up on there for the daily newletter which are free I did that for a while until I got upset with my doctor and told her to stop because I was negative which now I think was stupid of me because she gave very good info and warnings and stuff. anyway they do have monthly meetings in the HEB area. I just looked at there web site and the next meeting is July 7 from 9-12 Celiac 101 and 10-12 group meeting. I think that this is very informative web site. Betty Barfield is the president manager@northtexasgig.com. I have never gone to a meeting, i think that the first one is free to attend and then you have to start paying after that, anyway I hope that this will help.

donna

Thanks alot! I will definitely be getting in on this. Still new to all of this so the meetings would probably be super helpful!

• 1 year later...
Dana Olsen Newbie

-Lollie

Dana Olsen Newbie

There is a restaurant in Plano on Parker Road the is completely Gluten Free. The food is incredible. The number is 972-599-1018.

Good luck

Dana

danafadv@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
texas Apprentice

I am from Keller, TX. Was diagnosed in May. I am doing fairly well but have been glutened in restaurants which is very aggravating. Anyway, I do belong to NTGIG and have gone the meetings. Need to know safe places in Keller and Southlake.

cookiequeen Apprentice

Any good places to eat in Fort Worth? It was hard enough getting vegetarian foods that didn't have chicken broth or something in it. I used to go to Spiral Diner. Are there any sort of meetings in Ft Worth?

texas Apprentice

The fort worth group would best for you. See the above posts. I don't know about vegetarian menu selections but Lucille's is great and very accomodating.

Archived