This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Need A Wedding Cake

gointribal

gointribal Enthusiast

Help! I am getting married June 3rd and I need a cake. I only need a small one (just for me so my husband and get it all over my face) I havn't made any gluten-free cakes, does anyone know of pre-packaged kinds that are good or any good recipes out there? Thanks a million! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

Jeebus, that's soon!

I haven't made or had any, but I think the Whole Foods gluten-free Bakehouse has a chocolate cake, and several breakfast breads.

If you go the mix route, DO NOT MAKE IT YOURSELF!!!!

The last thing you need is the stress of a stressful cake. I was up till 2am the night before my wedding doing my flowers :rolleyes:

Not my best idea.

pinkpei77 Contributor

ooo ooo!!!

i have a great recipe and i just posted this 2 seconds ago on another thread, but here it is again.

"YUMMY CARROT CAKE"

one bag of Gluten-Free Pantry spice cake mix

1 jar carrot baby food

some shredded carrots

1 cup applesauce

1/3 cup oil

mix all togther and bake 20-25 minutes.

frost with Pilsbury cream cheese frosting

i make it this way beacuse i am vegan, but there is a recipe on the bag that has eggs and milk.

im getting married in june as well and using this recipe for us for "our" cake , but making it as cupcakes beacuse we have about 12 guests that are vegan and about 4 that are gluten-free.

and im just going to use food coloring to color the cream cheese frosting to match the color of our wedding and use one of those new cupcake towers and it will be right next to the "real" cake!

i make this cake alot whenever we go somewhere and need to bring a dessert and no one ever knows its gluten-free or VEGAN!!

hope it helps or gives you some ideas!!

Lollie Enthusiast

I really like the namaste cake mixes. I get them at whole foods! I add a little cup of yogurt (per someone elses advice)! The are really good and I even had a small party for my kids, and served them as cupcakes.... the kids gobbled them up and so did the parents!

Lollie

Guest nini

I didn't like the Namaste Cakes... neither did my kid.

we've had really good luck with The Gluten Free Pantry's Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix, and Pamela's Deluxe Chocolate Brownie Mix (there is a recipe on the bag to make it into a cake) Every time I've served the Pamela's cake, I get loads of compliments and people can't believe it's gluten free.

What I suggest is try a bunch of different cake recipes BEFORE your wedding, and decide which one you like the best, then see if you can't get a friend or professional cake maker to make it for you (providing they use all gluten-free ingredients and clean utensils and pans and have a work environment free from risk of cross contamination)

It may be easier for you to make the cake well ahead of time and freeze it, then just have it thawed out and decorated for the wedding. Do you know someone that could decorate it for you?

I make my own frosting most of the time, but I believe I've also used Pillsbury Frostings, most of them are gluten-free, read the labels though.

sparkles Contributor

I recently remarried and the wedding "cake" that we shared was ALL frosting!!!! Two good friends made the wedding cake for the glutened crowd and I had my dream cake.....all frosting. I have never liked cake except carrot cake, and have really only liked the frosting so for me this was a dream come true....my very own "frosting cake".

penguin Community Regular
I recently remarried and the wedding "cake" that we shared was ALL frosting!!!! Two good friends made the wedding cake for the glutened crowd and I had my dream cake.....all frosting. I have never liked cake except carrot cake, and have really only liked the frosting so for me this was a dream come true....my very own "frosting cake".

Wow, that gives me a cavity, headache, and stomach ache all at the same time! :D

Of course, all I remember about my wedding cake is the frosting, so maybe it's not a bad idea ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lpellegr Collaborator

How about looking into gluten free bakeries that can ship a cake to you? There is one in NY called Happy Happy Happy, and in Philadelphia there is Mr. Ritts. I think they both have websites but I don't have the links at my fingertips.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I'm getting married in August and I'll be making a cake for myself. Kinnikinick makes a gluten free cake mix.

pwalasik Newbie

I read in a magazine where a lady who was getting married gave several bags of a mix called yellow moist cake from "Cause your Special" and her baker made her entire wedding cake gluten free. All of the guest enjoyed the cake. I have used this mix before and think it's wonderful. Congratulations!

By the way.. Cause your special is either out of Wisconsin or Chicago.

jerseyangel Proficient
I read in a magazine where a lady who was getting married gave several bags of a mix called yellow moist cake from "Cause your Special" and her baker made her entire wedding cake gluten free. All of the guest enjoyed the cake. I have used this mix before and think it's wonderful. Congratulations!

By the way.. Cause your special is either out of Wisconsin or Chicago.

Wow--that's a great idea! A professional looking gluten free cake, even if there's no gluten-free bakery in town.

Carrie--I hope to be able to see pictures of your wedding and the cake :)

Guest Lucy

I just made a Namaste chocolate cake for my sons birthday, and it was great!!!!!!1 Everyone said so, and they usually are quite judgemental of gluten free. It raised up nicely like a wheat flour cake, was very moist. (I used olive oil, instead of vegtable.)

Archived