This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dapsone usage

A.Ghaffar

A.Ghaffar Newbie

How long dapsone can be taken. Im taking it since 4 years.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master
2 hours ago, A.Ghaffar said:

How long dapsone can be taken. Im taking it since 4 years.

Are you under a doctor’s care?  Dapsone can have some pretty serious side effects like many medications.  Things like liver screenings should be done by your doctor.    Our members have shared that they have used it initially, but then focused on maintaining a strict gluten free diet.   Please browse the DH section of the forum.  Look for posts fro. SquirmingItch, Ravenwoodglass or ApprehensionEngineer.  These members offer great tips for avoiding flare-ups and treatment tips (like ice packs to help relieves itching).  

Scott Adams Grand Master

Ideally you would not use it that long because you would have been on a gluten-free diet to treat your DH, which is the most effective treatment. If you still need to use dapsone then I suspect your diet might not be 100% gluten-free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Bluedream
    Newest Member
    Bluedream
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• MCS
      ebans per loaf is pretty much same as every other gluten free in market. But way better tasting if you can do gluten free oats. If you have freezer space, spend $50 and shipping is virtually free. Also if you want to try before you buy, they will send you free loaf and cookie of your choice. They did for me. I do not do Costco.
    • MCS
      I will likely stick to making my own frozen yogurt where I can control the sugar, most of what I find in stores is way too sweet for me, but thanks.
    • KIM BURTSFIELD
      I recently tried olmesartan, and it gave me horrible fibromyalgia symptoms. I am going to start amlodipine tonight. I hope I don’t get the same reaction you did. 
    • Scott Adams
      I agree with @trents and reactions can vary quite a bit from person to person, and can depend on the "dosage" of gluten ingested.  This article, and the comments below it, may be helpful:    
    • Scott Adams
      The amounts you're consuming seem reasonable. The recommended daily intake for folate is around 400-600 mcg for most adults, and you're likely meeting this through a combination of your supplement and diet. Natural folate from food, like what you're getting from beef liver, is less likely to cause toxicity compared to synthetic folic acid, even at higher doses. However, it’s important to avoid excessive supplementation—most recommendations suggest staying under 1,000 mcg of supplemental folate unless advised by a healthcare provider.