This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Just got my Celiac panel results back

DJFL77I

DJFL77I Experienced

After 5 months off Gluten....   

When I was diagnosed my t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA was over 100... not sure exact number because LabCorp only records up to 100... but definitely over 100...

not sure why there's different results for the same thing...

results.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

This article explains the typical blood tests done, but the IgA and IgG look at different antibody levels.

GFinDC Veteran

Different labs may use different equipment and processes.  They typically publish their own lab specific test result ranges.  Any lab may also upgrade equipment or revise procedures and expected tests ranges when they feel it necessary to do so.

Since you are on the gluten-free diet for a while, your test results for antibody levels should change.  Hopefully they will be lower if you are doing a good job avoiding gluten in your diet.

Edited by GFinDC

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Charlotte214
    Newest Member
    Charlotte214
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Grlybrainiac
      It seems like your question might have been resolved, but I have been glutened testing perfume in Sephora (probably because it got into the air). During that process though I found a perfume I liked (L’Imperatrice, Dolce & Gabbana), so I went home and emailed the company and they got back to me after doing some research and said that it does not contain any gluten. I’ve been using it for over a year now and have had no issues! So maybe there are other perfumes at D&G that are safe to use? 
    • Lockgirl
      I love BFree. I can find it at my Walmart stores. I’m in Texas and here I can also find it at HEB. The oat loaf is so good. Sourdough is good too. I’m finding they have a longer shelf life, months. I typically buy several and freeze into portions so I can take out what I need. If you can order online I would definitely try that. 
    • Kazbo
      Thank you everyone, I have been referred to gastroenterology, which is great but just more waiting.  In the meantime I'll carry on gluten free. 🙂
    • Wheatwacked
      I get the Canyon Heritage Style Wholegrain sometimes the Honeywhite. Their heritage style is about the size and texture of rye bread.  Keep it in the freezer and nuke two slices for a minute then cool on a wood cutting board.  Good for roast beef, ham and swiss and hamburgers.
    • plumbago
      Boar's Head is good when I occasionally buy it. But right now - Sept 2024 - I would be extra careful since they found listeria in their meat plants. Check to see if the packages in your area are affected.