This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. Scott Adams

Scott Adams

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - knitty kitty replied to Neat1's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Maybe celiac, maybe just ncgs?

2. - trents replied to matts's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Potential diagnosis

3. - Scott Adams replied to matts's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Potential diagnosis

4. - matts posted a topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Potential diagnosis

5. - trents replied to Neat1's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Maybe celiac, maybe just ncgs?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Tracy Casper
    Newest Member
    Tracy Casper
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• knitty kitty
      @Neat1, I so glad you're going to try Thiamine!   Do let us know how it goes.   Benfotiamine is the form of Thiamine that may be very helpful to you.  Benfotiamine has been shown to promote healing in the intestines.  Be sure to take a B Complex because all eight B's work together.  Try to get a minimum of 300 mg a day of Benfotiamine.  Higher doses are needed to correct low thiamine.  Add a magnesium supplement.  Ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, which is frequently low in celiac disease.   Diamine Oxidase (DAO) supplements are digestive enzymes that may help until you start making sufficient amounts yourself with supplemented B vitamins. Chronic sinus infections are common in Celiac Disease.  
    • trents
      For the doctor to say the results of the test were "satisfactory" is rather odd. By that did he mean he didn't think you have celiac disease.? I mean, the result of the test is positive for celiac disease. Or, did he mean that it was satisfactory in the sense of agreeing with your symptoms and family history as indicating celiac disease? It was a rather ambiguous remark in my opinion.
    • Scott Adams
      Given your family history and you this test result, it's very likely that you have celiac disease. The next step is normally an endoscopy to confirm the diagnosis, and if so, you would need to keep eating gluten daily, lots of it, for at least two weeks before that procedure. This article might be helpful. It breaks down each type of test, and what a positive results means in terms of the probability that you might have celiac disease.     
    • matts
      Hi, I've recently had a blood test for potential Coeliac, I have had my results which was 4.12 G/L, normal range is 0.8-2.8 G/L according to my results. My Mum has Coeliacs diagnosed already. I've had symptoms hence the blood test.  The Dr has said that these results are 'satisfactory' but I'm not sure whether it means I should start reducing the amount of Gluten, or whether it could be diagnosed in the future? Has anyone had similar results?
    • trents
      Digestive enzymes won't help with gluten disorders per se but can often help with pancreatic enzyme deficiency related digestive problems. I'm not sure that having an IGA deficiency necessarily predisposes one to decreases in infection fighting ability but that's a good question to ask your physician.