This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. laynuh

laynuh

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Heather C
    Newest Member
    Heather C
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Scott Adams
      You symptoms could certainly be related to gluten contamination, and for those who are really sensitive it can last days or longer. This article, and the comments below it, may be helpful:    
    • Scott Adams
      This article, and the comments below it, may be helpful:    
    • Ginger38
      Yea the bloating is MISERABLE!! I have gained 7 pounds since starting the gluten challenge 😵‍💫😔 at times I look and feel extremely pregnant! I have measured myself and will sometimes deflate 2 inches overnight 🤦🏼‍♀️I hope this weight gain goes away after I get back to the gluten free lifestyle .. I can’t afford to keep this extra weight Thank you!! Will do 
    • Wheatwacked
      Hello @Rubii, Since gluten is addictive and effects the opoid rececptors, some people have a withdrawal that lasts 10 to 15 days.  When alcohol or substance use is halted, the brain is forced to readjust to its sudden absence. This leads to unpleasant physical and mental withdrawal symptoms. Diarrhea, stomach pain, and vomiting are often experienced by people going through withdrawal from opioids and other drugs. Vitamin and mineral dificiencies are common and each has a set of symptoms. Vitamin D deficiency is ubiquitous in newly diagnosed celiac disease. Gluten containing processed food has some vitamins and minerals added to support the nutrients lost in milling.  There typically is no fortification to Gluten Free foods, so we need to be more aware. Low D compromises immune system, Thiamine and the other 7 B vitamins, Choline was B4 and is essential to fat digestion, deficiency can cause gallbladder symptoms.  
    • trents
      Sorry, in your first post you typed "a symptomatic" instead of "asymptomatic" so I misunderstood what you were saying. But anemia is a classic symptom of celiac disease.