This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. Carizzimo

Carizzimo

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Rosemaree
    Newest Member
    Rosemaree
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• MG1031
      @cristiana, good points! Never thought about the shoes and she lives in tight waisted shorts- Thank you! 
    • V.Beth
      Yes, I take several vitamins and supplements but I watch fillers there and in medications.
    • Wheatwacked
      While you remove gluten processed foods from your diet, there are vitamins and minerals added to those foods because the standard western diet has been deemed deficient by government agencies and so are required to be fortified.  Gluten free processed food are no usually fortified.  For every food you delete, make sure to find another source in you new diet. Ones in particular to be aware of are Thiamine, B2, B3, B5, Choline, Folate, Iodine, vitamin D. Virtually all new Celiac Disease diagnosed have deficient vitamin D and some research indicates that is the trigger. Possible Role of Vitamin D in Celiac Disease Onset Try choosing vegetables low in omega 6 to reduce inflammation.  The standard American diet runs from 14:1to 20:1 (omega 6 to omega 3).  The healthy rate is >3:1.  This chart may help: Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids in Vegetables:    
    • Lockgirl
      I have been using their toothpaste and some of their other products that are labeled gluten free. Sorry about that. It is so frustratingly hard to get clear answers from companies on gluten content.   
    • Beverage
      I've been using eos lip balms. I usually get it at costco. Eos has little round balms, but also stick ones like chap stick. Costco has both. They are labeled gluten free when you buy individual balms, but the combo package from costco isn't always labeled gluten-free. The company web site says they are gluten-free. I'm pretty sensitive, I use the balms all day every day, and haven't had any reactions.