This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

TG6 autoantibodies testing

Wendy1994

Wendy1994 Rookie

Does anybody know of any labs in the US that do TG6 antibody testing? Also, I don’t think the TG6 test is part of the typical celiac panel test, is that correct?  I am scheduled to go see a new gastroenterologist and want to ask her about this test next week.  Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

I don't believe this would be standard in current testing for celiac disease or DH, but there is research linking TG6 Auto-Antibodies in both dermatitis herpetiformis and gluten ataxia, so they are not found in all celiacs. I am not sure of a lab that does TG6 testing, but, in general, a full celiac disease blood panel should work fine to determine whether or not you have celiac disease, if that is what you are trying to find out with your test. It is possible that dermatologists use a TG6 test when they do a biopsy on possible DH, but I'm not certain about that.

Here is more info on blood testing for celiac disease, which all people with DH have:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

dorisgomez
    Newest Member
    dorisgomez
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Scott Adams
      Welcome to the forum @Karen Rakhshan, this article has some detailed information on how to be 100% gluten-free, so it may be helpful (be sure to also read the comments section.):    
    • knitty kitty
      Hello, @Kate1990, I reacted to calcium citrate because it's made from oyster shells and I react to seafood.   I chose calcium malate and chelated calcium.  Be sure to take a magnesium supplement as well, but several hours away from calcium.  Magnesium and calcium compete for absorption.  We need calcium for bones, but magnesium and potassium keep calcium in the bones.   Hope this helps!
    • Kate1990
      Hi,   I've started taking calcium citrate supplements from Webber Naturals. It says that it contains no gluten, but not that it is gluten-free. I've reached out to the company by e-mail and they have assured me that it is gluten-free. However, I think I'm reacting to it. I've searched everything else I consume and haven't found any possible source of contamination. I've been looking for other supplement brands that would be certified gluten-free and safe and have found a few options, but none of them ship to Canada. Does anyone know where I could buy calcium citrate supplements (apparently calcium citrate is the one that causes the least constipation, and this is an issue for me). Thanks in advance!
    • Karen Rakhshan
      I am so sorry for your long-term pain and suffering. My symptoms are very similar to yours. Diarrhea for seven years now. Two doctors told me to take Metamucil. It didn’t help. Stomach pain, bloating and terrible nighttime diarrhea got worse and worse. I only stumbled upon Celiac as a possibility through a 23andMe genetic test which indicated I had the genetic marker for it. I went to my GP asking for the test and was told sure - I’ll give you the order, but you probably don’t have it. Guess what?  My blood work was off the charts positive. So high of a number, in fact, that the gastroenterologist I was sent to confirmed me even before a biopsy.  The gastro visit was just last week. I’ve been gluten free for a month now. Small improvement so far, but I’m hoping to continue healing.   
    • Richwhitelady