This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Nausea and fatigue almost all day

itarachiu

knitty kitty Grand Master

@itarachiu,

We are supposed to have beneficial bacteria in our intestines.  

Rifaximin has been shown in early studies to promote the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria.  You may want to consider taking a probiotic and continue taking B Complex vitamins as Rifaximin can cause vitamin deficiencies.  

So glad you are seeing improvement!  

References:

Eubiotic properties of rifaximin: Disruption of the traditional concepts in gut microbiota modulation

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5504364/

Systematic review with meta‐analysis: rifaximin is effective and safe for the treatment of small intestine bacterial overgrowth

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5299503/

And...

Look at the side effects and dosage...

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/rifaximin-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20065817?p=1

And...

Try rotating antifungal herbal remedies....

Antifungal and Immunomodulatory Ingredients from Traditional Chinese Medicine

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9855100/

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itarachiu

• knitty kitty

• trents

• Rogol72

Top Posters In This Topic

• itarachiu

itarachiu 64 posts

• knitty kitty

knitty kitty 23 posts

• trents

trents 22 posts

• Rogol72

Rogol72 9 posts

Posted Images

itarachiu Enthusiast

@trents

The microbial density increases from the stomach to the rectum (Figure 1), with low densities in the small intestine.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212877816300552

Not really sterile, my mistake. I think I heard that to Dr. Mark Pimentel on YouTube, he is researching SIBO and all that stuff.

@knitty kitty

I tried probiotics(powder) before antibiotics, they pretty much did nothing however before probiotics(powder) I tried for a month to drink kefir(milk) and it really improved my digestion, specially better digestion for the first meal in the morning but nothing more. Now my plan is to use rounds of 10 days on antibiotics + herbs and then 5 days of probiotics(as powder) and kefir(milk) but without anbiotics. Taking antibiotics and probiotics in the same time I think is useless. I will do this for a few months at least, what I do know is the fact that is working.

knitty kitty Grand Master

Yes, @itarachiutaking antibiotics and probiotics together is rather useless.  However, since Rifaximin promotes the good bacteria naturally in the intestines, boosting those with a probiotic containing good bacteria like Lactobacillis should still be beneficial. 

Finishing the antibiotics first, then follow up with probiotics is a good plan, too.