This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. StephNich12

StephNich12

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Mimi L
    Newest Member
    Mimi L
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Neat1
      I don’t love the idea of eating a boatload of gluten 😂 but I also probably knew more testing was going to be required. I don’t see a new GI doc until December, but I might send my pcm a message and ask if they can order any/all of those. 
    • trents
      Before you conclude you don't have celiac disease, you should request a more complete celiac blood antibody panel. You got the bare minimum blood test. You should ask for: Total IGA tTG-IGA DGP-IGA DGP-IGG TTG-IGG You need to have been eating generous amounts of gluten for weeks beforehand but sounds like you are aware of that. Here is a primer that outlines the different kinds of blood antibody tests that can be run when checking for celiac disease:  
    • Neat1
      Hey there! The test was Tissue Transglutaminase Ab, IgA and result was <1.  
    • trents
      Welcome to the forum, @Neat1! Can you list the celiac blood antibody tests that were done? Another possibility is that you are IGA deficient which can create false negatives on IGA-based antibody tests. There is a blood test to check for that, commonly known as "total IGA" but many docs don't know to run it.
    • Neat1
      Hey there, I had a blood test for celiac (was eating copious amounts of wheat) that came back negative, but I’m still having problems with digestion that are worse when eating wheat. While I have overlap with some symptoms similar to SIBO or dysbiosis there are some that still make me think it’s celiac. After ingesting gluten I have terrible neck and shoulder pain. This is repeatable; I thought I slept on it wrong so after pain abated I ate gluten again, bam, pain returned. Being not specifically digestive this is indicative of an autoimmune response, right?  for what it’s worth I’ve been to a gastroenterologist but after testing for celiac and receiving a negative result they wrote me a prescription for Linzess and told me follow up with an APRN. No further testing of any kind.   Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to any insights others are able to share from their experiences