This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. Scott Adams

Scott Adams

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Vickey Matteson replied to Vickey Matteson's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Celiac diagnosis

2. - TrinaP replied to Vickey Matteson's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Celiac diagnosis

3. - MO1984 replied to MO1984's topic in Dermatitis Herpetiformis

dermatitis herpetiformis and cross reaction?

4. - MO1984 replied to MO1984's topic in Dermatitis Herpetiformis

dermatitis herpetiformis and cross reaction?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Kmpeterson123
    Newest Member
    Kmpeterson123
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Vickey Matteson
      Hey, it is so tempting, all the time to go back to eating gluten but as you say there are other medical issues it could introduse. I'm 70 years and I keep thinking what could go wrong in the last few years of life? It's hard. Thanks for your input.
    • TrinaP
      Yes, it’s called “silent celiac.” I have two family members who have this. One of which doesn’t eat a gluten free diet because she doesn’t think it does damage if she doesn’t have symptoms. However, I am well aware of the damage she is doing and risks to significant medical complications in the future. She is also pregnant with her second child and I’m fearful of what damage can be done to her pregnancy not following a gluten free diet. Very frustrating for those of us who are celiac and follow a strict diet and very confusing for our family members who don’t understand why one celiac can have gluten and other celiacs can’t. 
    • LoisT
    • MO1984
      Wow, I had no idea dermatitis herpetiformis is so easily triggered! So there are definitely things that could trigger the dermatitis herpetiformis, and not the gluten reaction… I’m gathering. Yikes.    im learning so much, thank you! Only in the last year or so has my dermatitis herpetiformis really become a factor, so I’m just figuring it all out. 
    • MO1984
      oh my goodness! I kid you not it took maybe 30 hours after stopping the drink for the rash to start to clear. I think I will try the matcha version and hope it’s just the coffee issue, because it was helping my energy so much. BUT now I know to keep a close eye for the mushroom negative effect… thank you so much!!!