This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Most Satisfying gluten-free Food name brands/products

Nikibonkers

Nikibonkers Rookie

I have found that finding gluten free products is overwhelming, expensive and challenging.

So I'm here to share my gluten-free journey and the best products I've found because food is a comfort. I may make alot of my own stuff but life is busy and finding amazing gluten-free products that satisfy  cravings AND ones that are healthy for everyday is my passion. Sharing Info and details with eachother makes for a more enriched life.

So everyday foods that most people consume

Bread- I've tryed a few gluten-free brands so far the brand Promise which does alot of varieties has been the closest to normal bread. I don't mind the extra cost because the ingredients are top quality and health minded. ( so many gluten-free breads I've noticed have way better ingredients than regular bread. Like phyllium husk which is quite expensive on its own)

The brand Kinninick if I'm spelling it correctly WOW ! I hope they stick around forever! So amazing!  More on the indulgent side their chocolate doughnuts in the frozen gluten-free sections. Their cookies are Wow. 

More to come can only write so much at a time. Let me know your experiences.

Much care chow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

trents Grand Master

Welcome to the forum, Nikibonkers!

Where are you geographically? The thing about many bread products is that they can be marketed only regionally and not available in other regions or countries. My favorite brand of gluten free bread is Franz, which also comes in several varieties, but it's not available in the eastern states of the U.S. I'm in Washington state.

Nikibonkers Rookie

Ok. I'm in British Columbia Western Canada. 

Nikibonkers Rookie

Also alot of products can be found online.

trents Grand Master
37 minutes ago, Nikibonkers said:

Also alot of products can be found online.

Yes, but purchasing bread online may not give you a fresh loaf and it may be "reshaped" during shipment.

Nikibonkers Rookie
10 hours ago, trents said:

Yes, but purchasing bread online may not give you a fresh loaf and it may be "reshaped" during shipment.

I can't believe this is even a conversation. 

Nikibonkers Rookie

Ok. 

Another great amazing product that people can order online ( minus the Promise bread line unless you live in Canada) is the is Tinkyada Pasta - I haven't found any other pasta as fantastic. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

Both companies you have mentioned are among the very early adopters of making gluten-free products, and have been around since at least the 1990's. They were among the very first companies to offer prepared gluten-free products, so that we didn't have to make everything from scratch. Some of us "old timers" still remember that the only way to eat gluten-free bread was to buy a gluten-free bread mix, and spend at least an hour in the kitchen to make a loaf or two.

Nikibonkers Rookie
2 minutes ago, Scott Adams said:

Both companies you have mentioned are among the very early adopters of making gluten-free products, and have been around since at least the 1990's. They were among the very first companies to offer prepared gluten-free products, so that we didn't have to make everything from scratch. Some of us "old timers" still remember that the only way to eat gluten-free bread was to buy a gluten-free bread mix, and spend at least an hour in the kitchen to make a loaf or two.

Wow. Thanks for interesting information. 

Good to know.

Barbra S Newbie
On 8/22/2023 at 12:16 AM, Nikibonkers said:

I have found that finding gluten free products is overwhelming, expensive and challenging.

So I'm here to share my gluten-free journey and the best products I've found because food is a comfort. I may make alot of my own stuff but life is busy and finding amazing gluten-free products that satisfy  cravings AND ones that are healthy for everyday is my passion. Sharing Info and details with eachother makes for a more enriched life.

Bread- I've tryed a few gluten-free brands so far the brand Promise which does alot of varieties has been the closest to normal bread. I don't mind the extra cost because the ingredients are top quality and health minded. ( so many gluten-free breads I've noticed have way better ingredients than regular bread. Like phyllium husk which is quite expensive on its own)

The brand Kinninick if I'm spelling it correctly WOW ! I hope they stick around forever! So amazing!  More on the indulgent side their chocolate doughnuts in the frozen gluten-free sections. Their cookies are Wow. 

Much care chow

Just a heads up correct spelling: kinnikinnick.com

potatochips Newbie
On 8/22/2023 at 9:38 AM, Nikibonkers said:

Ok. 

Another great amazing product that people can order online ( minus the Promise bread line unless you live in Canada) is the is Tinkyada Pasta - I haven't found any other pasta as fantastic. 

I just used the pasta for the first time and loved it!

Jane07 Enthusiast
On 8/22/2023 at 12:16 AM, Nikibonkers said:

Much care chow

9 hours ago, potatochips said:

I just used the pasta for the first time and loved it!

Hi I’m from Canada too Schar is my Favorite bread I have had the promise bread . I notice a lot if the bread you almost need to toast 

I also like  Stoked oats gluten free ones and Enjoy life for cookies .