This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. Llana

Llana

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

wakkydoodles
    Newest Member
    wakkydoodles
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Liquid lunch
      Wow I didn’t know Lactobacillus made lectins, these things are everywhere! I know they must have some heath benefits because I see things like soy and sunflower lectins for sale in health food shops, often wondered why people buy them. It’s pretty extreme to cut them out but they are the only common factor in the massive list of foods that make my guts bleed. I would recommend anyone with celiac who’s still struggling after going gluten free to try an elimination diet starting with lectin free only and then introducing one thing at a time. It is limited but there’s still a good variety to choose between on the gundry approved list, you’d  know after a couple of weeks avoiding them if you feel better or not.
    • Wheatwacked
      Liquid lunch, Most of the market is in Quick Pickles which gives it the flavor but not the nutritional value. Thats what salt fermentation is for.  
    • Wheatwacked
      trents, Naturally Fermented Pickles [The Complete Guide] I made my own for a while.  The hard part was finding the right container.  Made 16 at a time and were half sours in a few days.  Put in the fridge to stop fermenting and they last.  They are cheaper to make yourself, get Kirby pickles in season at the farmer's market to make your own.  Plus it was fun. They are eaten long before they are too sour for my taste.  I buy refridgerated Batampte from Brooklyn, so these are real Kosher Dills. Bubsies  from Canada are a little spicier; also in the refrigerator foods. Flora olives and a new one Village Mariniated in a bag buried on the olive shelves in Publix.  There are sauerkraut but I have to read the label. Katz's Deli in NY ships they're homemade. That's the taste I grew up on.  Would go the city to get new glasses and we ate lunch at Katz's while they made them up. Invest in one bottle so you know a good one.Katz's Delicatessen est. 1888
    • holl4088
      Hi, the reference range was anything less than 20 U is normal. My ttg iga levels were 4301.
    • Eldene
      I lost my previous post.... Anyone have an explanation why I am só hungry before bedtime? I eat 3 good, nutritious and balanced meals, but starve later at night?