This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Holland & Barrett Supplements

Rageagainstthewheat
Go to solution Solved by Scott Adams,

Rageagainstthewheat Rookie

Does anyone have experience with H&B supplements? I purchased a few different supplements and most of them don’t say they are ‘gluten free’ but they don’t have wheat or gluten in their ingredients list and they don’t have a ‘may contain’ warning. Does that mean they would be safe to take? 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Solution
Scott Adams Grand Master

They should be naturally gluten-free, and likely safe for you, but if you have concerns you could switch to a brand that specifically says "gluten-free" on its label, either before or after you finish the bottle you have.

A recent Celiac.com poll indicates that ~33% of celiacs include items which don't say "gluten-free" on their labels, and actually say "Made on equipment that processes wheat products," so it's really a personal choice whether or not you decide to finish the bottle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - trents replied to glucel's topic in Post Diagnosis, Recovery & Treatment of Celiac Disease

3 month retest

2. - glucel replied to glucel's topic in Post Diagnosis, Recovery & Treatment of Celiac Disease

3 month retest

3. - glucel replied to glucel's topic in Post Diagnosis, Recovery & Treatment of Celiac Disease

3 month retest

4. - trents replied to glucel's topic in Post Diagnosis, Recovery & Treatment of Celiac Disease

3 month retest

5. - glucel replied to glucel's topic in Post Diagnosis, Recovery & Treatment of Celiac Disease

3 month retest

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Myates
    Newest Member
    Myates
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      I have been on Coumadin for years because I have a genetic blood clotting disorder known as Factor 5 Leiden. I think it's mainly green leafy veggies that you have to worry about. They are the ones high in vitamin K. And if your are consistent in your consumption of them it your INR should level out. I get my INR checked every 6 weeks. Certain medications can mess with INR too, like antibiotics so occasionally I have to go in more often or INR checks.
    • glucel
      I was on coumadin for a while after surgery and had a lot of trouble with vitamin k which pretty much curtailed how many veggies I could eat. The constant testing for vitamin k was expensive and a nuisance. I plan to ask doc if nsaid can be taken every other day instead of daily.
    • glucel
      Thanks rmj. I should have taken the mri already but I do not take the tunnel well. I thought I would wait to see how the blood test goes. I am also feeling a little bit better about regaining 5 pounds over the last few weeks stalling out at 149 for last several days. The assistant to doc told me today that she would look into an open mri but if I continue to gain weight and other thing gets better then I see no reason to do mri, at least for now. If I could just cut out refined sugar- dream on.
    • trents
      Any NSAID has potential for creating peptic ulcers if used regularly. Some more than others. Cox 2 inhibitors are less prone to cause that issue but even they don't eliminate the possibility altogether. Coumadin does not harm the gut if you need a blood thinner.
    • glucel
      If there was a decimal in the original189 I probably would not have seen that either. I just got new bifocals distance and reading but still use my old readers for my desktop computer. Obviously need to do something about that - some day. So in short the reading has gone DOWN from 189 to 22.6.  Very interesting point about nsaids. I have gone from multiple crazy drugs down to 81 mg baby aspirin for blood thinner and 10 mg of artorvastatin for cholesterol. I mentioned to cardio doc that maybe aspirin was creating havoc with stomach and he abruptly said it doesn't cause any trouble and that celiac is the problem. I really didn't care for his reaction but he is second cardio guy, moved on from first. so I really do not want to be looking for third right now. In any event, I need to be on a blood thinner and the prescription blood thinners have their own set of problems. I'm all ears if anybody has an idea on that. Thanks.