This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. knitty kitty

knitty kitty

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Debstaats replied to Debstaats's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

It sounds like celiac

2. - trents replied to Debstaats's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

It sounds like celiac

3. - Debstaats posted a topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

It sounds like celiac

4. - cristiana replied to Ginger38's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Shaking/Tremors and Off Balance

5. - Ginger38 replied to Ginger38's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Shaking/Tremors and Off Balance

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

boileaph
    Newest Member
    boileaph
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Debstaats
      Thank you. I just get tired of my PCP acting like I’m an idiot. My GI feels I have it, but cannot officially give me the diagnosis without an endoscopy. So, I’m officially gluten sensitive, without the endoscopy.
    • trents
      Your PCP is not well informed. The tTG-IGA is a very reliable celiac blood antibody test. There are some other foods, medications and diseases that can cause elevated tTG-IGA but the chances of the elevated tTG-IGA count being due to some other cause than celiac disease is not very great. This is especially true given your symptoms, your genetic profile and the fact that you have improved on a gluten free diet. Is there any particular reason you need an official diagnosis? I am attaching an article which outlines the various antibody tests for celiac disease and their reliability:       
    • Debstaats
      I lost 30% of my weight in a year with out trying. After a ton of tests were done, all negative, it occurred to me, that I was diagnosed with celiac as a child, but a doctor a few years ago told me I did not have it. Before that, in my adult life, I have eaten very little gluten. But, when I continued to lose weight I started eating pastas, pastries and other things full of gluten trying to gain. The more I ate, the more I lost. Then one day it dawned on me, what if that doctor was wrong? I told my endocrinologist and she ordered a tt IgA. It came back 39.0. I am seeing a different GI dr. I also have the celiac genes. I was so physically ill when I saw her, I elected to just go on a strict gluten free diet. That was 4 months ago. I have gained back 15% of my weight and feel great. My tt IgA this time was <1 !  They can not say I have celiac, because I did not have an endoscopy. I am 73 yrs old. Should I chance gluten again and get the endoscopy? My PCP doesn’t believe I have celiac and rolls her eyes. She said the tt IgA  is not reliable. What do you think? Should I have the endoscopy to clarify?
    • cristiana
      I've had to be checked out twice by cardiology at what we call in the UK 'Accident and Emergency' with chest pains the conclusion was reflux and  costochondritis.  Both are very bad when I've been glutened. I've also had very bad bloating in my  upper back when taking iron.  I'm glad you are being looked after by a cardiologist, though, as best to be safe than sorry.  
    • Ginger38
      Thanks for the encouragement, I am honestly ready to give up! It is majorly interfering with my ability to function and work. Feeling off balance and having this sleepiness and the shakes is the worst!! The chest pain just comes and goes , nothing too concerning, I have noticed it before with gluten exposure. I have a cardiologist as well so it’s  nothing to be concerned about cardiac wise. Might just be gas pains 😐 Thanks. The chest pain just comes and goes , nothing too concerning, I have noticed it before with gluten exposure. I have a cardiologist as well so it’s  nothing to be concerned about cardiac wise. Might just be gas pains 😐