This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. knitty kitty

knitty kitty

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Debra Parham
    Newest Member
    Debra Parham
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• knitty kitty
      Hi, @Eldene, Make sure you're getting sufficient Omega Three fats which will help with satiety.  Omega Threes vegetarian sources are Chia seeds, flaxseed, and walnuts.   What are the ingredients in your protein smoothie? What do you normally include in your "plant-based healthy meals, with enough protein"?
    • trents
      I might suggest taking a bullet list with you to your next appointment with concisely worded symptoms and test requests. That would cut to the chase and economize the time you do have with the doc.
    • CeeBee1807
      Thank you, I will have a read through through this.    No not insulted at all, you are completely correct.  It has always been this way to an extent with regards to reluctance in ordering further tests, but with current pressures it seems more difficult than ever. There are not enough GP appointments and I’m aware they are seeing more patients than ever. It’s difficult to explain all symptoms and go through history in 10 minutes, so I can see why we are where we are but, equally frustrating as I believe delving a little deeper could have possibly helped, a lot sooner.    I really appreciate all the information on which tests I should be asking for, I think it won’t be as easy to brush me off if I’m confident in what I’m asking for. Hopefully I get a positive response. 
    • Wormsy22
      Sorry....I realized I did it wrong after hitting submit...and I ressubmitted to Knitty.  Getting used to this interface....but thanks for the followup.  You've built a nice community here.  I've gotten more useful information in 24 hrs for free than I have in the past 12 mos for thousands of dollars. Now I'm hopeful some of it helps me   TV
    • Scott Adams
      I think you may be confusing me here with @knitty kitty, however, I also take B1, and in my signature block is a link to my supplementation.