This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. knitty kitty

knitty kitty

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - trents replied to Vickey Matteson's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Celiac diagnosis

2. - Lockgirl replied to Caden 12's topic in Gluten-Free Foods, Products, Shopping & Medications

Does anyone know any good gluten free lip balm?

3. - Lockgirl replied to Camorrison56's topic in Gluten-Free Foods, Products, Shopping & Medications

Gluten Free Bread

4. - glucel replied to glucel's topic in Post Diagnosis, Recovery & Treatment of Celiac Disease

abnormal weight loss

5. - cristiana replied to Vickey Matteson's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Celiac diagnosis

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

CajunBijou
    Newest Member
    CajunBijou
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      @Vickey Matteson, cristiana expanded on the point I was trying to make. The term "symptom" has a broader meaning than just physical discomfort. You may feel fine but if a medical disorder is causing lab values to fall out of norm, such as iron or liver enzymes or vitamin D3 or B12 levels or bone/tooth demineralization or if you have developed a secondary medical disorder that is statistically connected to celiac disease such as diabetes or Hashimoto's thyroid . . . those fall into the category of symptoms as well. Celiacs who fomerly put themselves into the category of "silent" will often look back and realize they did have symptoms all along, but not such as they had expected because they were only look for classic GI symptoms.
    • Lockgirl
      I have recently switched a lot of my personal beauty items to Burt's Bees. I believe their products are gluten free, including lip balms.
    • Lockgirl
      I was in love with BFree Baguettes but recently I found Against the Grain Rosemary Baguettes at my local Natural Grocers. I was not sure at first. At this store, it was in the frozen section. Once I got it home and opened, the bread texture looked a little weird. Then I tasted it...Unbelievable! I used to love real sourdough in the old wheat days, and I have to say this is the first gluten-free bread I have had that feels similar to a sourdough. Lightly crunchy outside, soft and chewy inside. This size of this baguette is equivalent to a regular wheat flour baguette. FIVE STARS!!!
    • glucel
      hi @knitty kitty I knew there had to be somebody else that liked liver. Hearing of your weight loss/recovery and seeing another half pound gain this morning helps relieve some of the anxieties associated with celiac disease. I never thought that I would get excited about weight gain.  I am going to add a 100 g thiamine tablet at noon time and will add the Benfotiamine for a few months.  
    • cristiana
      @trents  @Vickey Matteson   Trents makes a very interesting point.  I did not have gastric symptoms initially but about six months before my diagnosis I had very odd liver function test results, iron deficiency and anxiety.  I developed gastric symptoms just prior to my diagnosis - I honestly think that if I hadn't, my doctors would still be wondering what was causing those other issues.