This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ingredients with B vitamins

lmemsm

lmemsm Apprentice

I've been gluten free over a year.  Most wheat flours have added vitamins like the various B vitamins.  Since I'm no longer using wheat in my recipes, I feel like I'm not getting enough of the B vitamins anymore.  I'm currently supplementing with a multivitamin or a B+ vitamin and I feel better when I take them.  However, I was wondering if there were ingredients or foods that are high in B vitamins that one could add to a diet or to recipes.  I am trying to get liver once a week and also trying to eat nori which is a source for B12 (although research isn't sure how bioavailable it is).  Any other suggestions appreciated.  Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

RMJ Mentor

If you’re baking, the King Arthur gliten free flours are enriched with some B vitamins

Wheatwacked Veteran

meat (especially liver), seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, legumes, leafy greens, seeds.

I could not get enough iodine from nori.  I use Liquid Iodine or Nascent Iodine to get daily 500 mcg to 1500 mcg a day. RDA in US is 150 - 1150 mcg a day.  In Japan it is 150 - 3000 mcg a day.  Improves muscle tone, skin, hair nails, siow wound healing (including gut), mental acuity.

Fermented pickles contain several B vitamins, including:

• Thiamin (B1): Contributes to healthy cardiovascular and nervous systems
  • Riboflavin (B2): Plays a role in energy production
  • Niacin (B3): Helps stabilize and lower cholesterol levels

Folic acid: Helps produce and maintain new cells, and prevent DNA changes that can lead to cancer 

Pantothenic Acid (B5) Top 10 Vitamin B5 Foods

Choline (formerly B4) liver, eggs, beef

The foods containing vitamin B12 are primarily animal meat, fish, eggs, and dairy.

The B vitamins from food have no upper limit.

glucel Apprentice

Liver is one of the healthiest foods to eat notwithstanding cholesterol and fat. Liver also has higher amounts of vitamin A and copper so to avoid getting caught up in that I eat 1/2 ounce per day.