This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. Scott Adams

Scott Adams

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Janine9
    Newest Member
    Janine9
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• glucel
      Could not find product that states gluten-free on label. Salmon starts out gluten-free but what happens in canning facility. Safe catch brand claims nothing with gluten is processed at facility where cooking and canning takes place which is in thailand. Any thoughts?
    • Scott Adams
      I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis, and I can imagine how overwhelming this must feel for both of you. While I don't have personal experience, I do know that there can be a strong connection between celiac disease and hormone imbalances, and going gluten-free can sometimes help regulate these systems over time. In some cases, high FSH levels in people with celiac disease have been linked to nutrient deficiencies or inflammation caused by gluten, and once the body starts healing on a strict gluten-free diet, things can improve. It's encouraging that they plan to retest her levels after a period on the gluten-free diet, as it might take time for the body to adjust. I know it’s hard not to think about the worst-case scenario, but try to stay hopeful. Every case is unique, and some people do see improvements in hormone levels as they heal. It might also be helpful to work with a healthcare provider who understands both celiac disease and hormonal issues to make sure your daughter is getting the right support nutritionally and medically.
    • Maureen1
      My 16 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with Celiac and potentially Premature Ovarian Insufficiency.  Her blood work indicated her FSH level was 100 which I know is seriously high.  She has been gluten free now for one month but they want to retest her FSH level to receive a diagnosis for POI.  I'm completely devastated for my daughter to think she will never be able to have children.  I'm wondering if anyone has experienced their FSH level normalizing once they were gluten free from such a high FSH level.  Thank you!
    • RMJ
      Be sure to eat plenty of gluten between now and your gastroscopy.  Stopping gluten too soon can lead to false negative results.  Plus, in case you do have celiac disease, you might want to eat all of your favorite gluten-full foods while you can!
    • Scott Adams
      I could mean that: You have celiac disease but caught it early, before villi damage (especially true if you had a positive blood test for celiac disease--but there is the Marsh scale, and even minor damage could be caused by celiac disease); You have gluten sensitivity--approximately 10x more people have non-celiac gluten sensitivity than have celiac disease, but there isn’t yet a test for NCGS. If your symptoms go away on a gluten-free diet it would likely signal NCGS. You don't have either of the conditions and can eat gluten normally. From all of your posts I don't think you fit #3 here, so no matter the outcome a gluten-free diet might be your outcome for optimal health.