This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What what your ttg levels when diagnosed?

holl4088

holl4088 Newbie

Hi all,

I know this seems like a weird question to ask but to explain. I'm currently waiting for my biopsy results back to confirm everything and my ttg levels from the blood test were high enough I've not seen anyone be close. I just want to know if mine are wildly high or if I'm not alone.

My ttg level is 4301 btw... no I didn't miss a decimal 😅

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

trents Grand Master

Welcome to the forum, @holl4088! Was this the ttg-IGA test score? Different labs uses different scales to score celiac antibody tests and different units of measurement might also be used. The tests aren't standardized so it would be helpful if you would post the range for negative vs. positive for the test used by the lab who analyzed it. There is only a very short time window for editing posts so your will likely have to provide the info in a new post.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

holl4088
    Newest Member
    holl4088
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Raquel2021
      Hello everyone , Hoping someone will have an answer for me.  I have had my celiac symptoms continue after being on a gluten-free diet. Was diagnosed in December of 2020 and followed a strict gluten free diet. I barely eat out and I am very strict. I even went dairy free for almost 2 years. I recently had and endoscopy with biopcies taken that revealed blunted villi. My celiac antibodies were also checked and they are within normal range. They were initially very high. The gastroenterologist I am seeing says I am in remission and that I don't have to worry about celiac being the cause of my symptoms.  I have read a lot about this condition and if the villi is still blunted that means I have not healed.  I have anemia that does not go away. I have tried to take B complex and vitamin D any vitamins would cause me severe severe insomnia.  So I cannot trade sleep for vitamins.  I know that is a common suggestion on this forum.  I am very confused.  Is this dr not knowledgeable? What am I missing? I thought my gut would have healed by now. I am so careful with the diet. He also mentioned I might have refractory celiac but then did not seem be worried about it. My symptoms are burning pain under the left ribcage. Fatigue and weight loss. I also eat lost of vegetables and fruits. I have lost a total of 20 pounds since I went gluten free and cannot put it back on. I was not overweight. 
    • knitty kitty
      Welcome to the forum, @NimaWishing, I cannot tolerate Ore Ida Tater Tots either.   Ore Ida Tots contain corn, which some Celiacs, like me, react to.  Those Tots also use Sulfites to keep the potatoes from discoloration and to promote browning.  Some Celiacs, like me, develop a Hypersensitivity to Sulfutes in foods and medications.    I buy store brand tater tots which don't contain those fancy expensive additives and they are cheaper.  No gluten free certification, but no gluten nor corn nor Sulfate ingredients either.   Hope this helps!
    • trents
      Welcome to the forum, @holl4088! Was this the ttg-IGA test score? Different labs uses different scales to score celiac antibody tests and different units of measurement might also be used. The tests aren't standardized so it would be helpful if you would post the range for negative vs. positive for the test used by the lab who analyzed it. There is only a very short time window for editing posts so your will likely have to provide the info in a new post.
    • holl4088
      Hi all,   I know this seems like a weird question to ask but to explain. I'm currently waiting for my biopsy results back to confirm everything and my ttg levels from the blood test were high enough I've not seen anyone be close. I just want to know if mine are wildly high or if I'm not alone.   My ttg level is 4301 btw... no I didn't miss a decimal 😅
    • trents
      Welcome to the forum, @NimaWishing! You may already know this but the difference between "Gluten Free" and "Certified Gluten Free" is the difference between having less than 20 ppm and less than 10 ppm. "Gluten Free" is an FDA standard and "Certified Gluten Free" is a standard of the GFCO, a nongovernmental third party certifying organization recognized internationally.