This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help with results

eekunique

eekunique Apprentice

IgA 0.51 (range 0.34 - 3.05 g/L)

So while in range - it's quite low.

TTG 11.00 (range 0 - 20 U/m) 

TTG has been above range before (but only just) so carried on eating normally and this was test 6 months later. 

Lab wouldn't test EMA because TTG was normal which I find annoying as he's had positive EMA before. 

Dr says all normal so good news not coeliac. 

Would you consider this normal too. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that there are antibodies there - why would the body make antibodies against  something unless there was an autoimmune issue. 

Also it's for my son who's only 8 so would need general anesthetic for an endoscopy so we're not going to put him through that and Dr wouldn't agree it anyway. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - eekunique posted a topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Help with results

2. - Tracey Thomas replied to AmandaA's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

New and Frustrated

3. - Tracey Thomas replied to AmandaA's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

New and Frustrated

4. - RMJ replied to Raquel2021's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Blunted villi almost 4 year after diagnosis

5. - Raquel2021 replied to Raquel2021's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Blunted villi almost 4 year after diagnosis

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Regina Torres
    Newest Member
    Regina Torres
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• eekunique
      IgA 0.51 (range 0.34 - 3.05 g/L) So while in range - it's quite low. TTG 11.00 (range 0 - 20 U/m)  TTG has been above range before (but only just) so carried on eating normally and this was test 6 months later.  Lab wouldn't test EMA because TTG was normal which I find annoying as he's had positive EMA before.  Dr says all normal so good news not coeliac.  Would you consider this normal too. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that there are antibodies there - why would the body make antibodies against  something unless there was an autoimmune issue.  Also it's for my son who's only 8 so would need general anesthetic for an endoscopy so we're not going to put him through that and Dr wouldn't agree it anyway. 
    • Tracey Thomas
      The hardest part for me is this terrible rash it’s now flaring up since I’m done with steroids. 5 weeks of the rash I’m ready to pull my hair out. Has anyone had this problem this long? I also was so use to just getting up going in kitchen to grab a snack now I’m like what am I gonna eat and I’m frustrated  just haven’t found a way to deal with this yet I’m still in shock 
    • Tracey Thomas
      I take 2000 that’s what my doctor told me to take. Of the B-12 thanks for information though. I’m new to this celeiac so I appreciate any help 
    • RMJ
      I only had the one endoscopy.  My GI wasn’t worried that I still had blunted villi. My antibody levels are now normal. I never had specific symptoms, although I generally feel better now, less fatigue.  I think not having  excess lymphocytes any more would be an improvement. Since you still have symptoms I hope your doctors will still look for a cause.  
    • Raquel2021
      Thanks so much for replying.  I truly appreciate it. I was diagnosed in December of 2020 after having an endoscopy with biopcies. The biopcies showed the same thing.  Mild blunting of the villi and it was also showing lymphocytes.  This time is still showing mild blunting and no lymphocytes.  No sure If that would be an improvement. The thing I improved on gluten-free diet but I am still experiencing symptoms.  I have read that some adults might never fully recover their villi. I was truly hoping that would not be me. My antibodies are now within normal range. Just wondering if you have had any other endoscopy after the 4 year mark and how are you feeling now. Just looking for hope. Thanks