This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Lever 2000 Aloe and cucumber Bar Soap Gluten Free?

Colleenag1
Go to solution Solved by Scott Adams,

Colleenag1 Newbie

Is Lever 2000 Aloe and cucumber Bar Soap Gluten Free?  Some site say that one ingredient may be a problem but don't say which one.  When I called Unilvever they told me the 'starch' had been removed (corn derivitive).  Is this soap gluten-free?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Solution
Scott Adams Grand Master

I found that it contains the following ingredients:

Ingredients

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate Or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Stearic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Fragrance (Parfum), Petrolatum, Sodium Stearate, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Glycerin, Sodium Sulfate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Green 3 (Ci 42053), Green 8 (Ci 59040), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

Based on the ingredients list provided, this soap does not appear to contain any obvious gluten ingredients. The components such as Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, and other common soap-making ingredients are typically gluten-free. However, some fragrances or additives in personal care products can occasionally contain gluten, though it's rare.

If the soap is made in the USA, manufacturers are usually diligent about labeling gluten-containing ingredients, especially given the growing demand for gluten-free personal care products. That said, since cross-contamination can sometimes occur during manufacturing, it may be a good idea to contact the manufacturer directly for confirmation or check if the product is labeled gluten-free on its packaging.

For people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, using gluten-free soap is often preferred as a precaution, even though gluten is not absorbed through the skin.

• Scott Adams changed the title to Is Lever 2000 Aloe and cucumber Bar Soap Gluten Free?
Colleenag1 Newbie

Thank you very much for responding.  I appreciate it.  I think I will call the company again (phone number provided on product packaging; however no gluten-free free wording on packaging.  I will ask about cross-contamination.