This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. Scott Adams

Scott Adams

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - MO1984 replied to MO1984's topic in Dermatitis Herpetiformis

dermatitis herpetiformis and cross reaction?

2. - MO1984 replied to MO1984's topic in Dermatitis Herpetiformis

dermatitis herpetiformis and cross reaction?

3. - Scott Adams replied to Layu's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Help plz with results. celiac?

4. - Scott Adams replied to Raquel2021's topic in Super Sensitive People

Gluten free spices in Canada

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Kmpeterson123
    Newest Member
    Kmpeterson123
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• LoisT
    • MO1984
      Wow, I had no idea dermatitis herpetiformis is so easily triggered! So there are definitely things that could trigger the dermatitis herpetiformis, and not the gluten reaction… I’m gathering. Yikes.    im learning so much, thank you! Only in the last year or so has my dermatitis herpetiformis really become a factor, so I’m just figuring it all out. 
    • MO1984
      oh my goodness! I kid you not it took maybe 30 hours after stopping the drink for the rash to start to clear. I think I will try the matcha version and hope it’s just the coffee issue, because it was helping my energy so much. BUT now I know to keep a close eye for the mushroom negative effect… thank you so much!!! 
    • Scott Adams
      It’s great that you’ve been to the doctor and are exploring all possibilities! However, it’s important to note that celiac disease testing, including antibody tests and endoscopy, should ideally be done while you're still consuming gluten. The fact that you don’t have diarrhea doesn't rule out celiac disease, as not everyone with celiac has diarrhea — symptoms vary widely, and some people may only experience issues like fatigue or nutrient deficiencies. While elevated gliadin antibodies (like the ones you mentioned) are not specific to celiac, they can still be a potential marker. An endoscopy with a biopsy of the small intestine remains the gold standard for diagnosis, especially if there's suspicion after antibody testing. It might be a good idea to discuss this further with your doctor if you continue to have concerns. Also, be mindful that IBS and celiac disease can sometimes have overlapping symptoms.
    • Scott Adams
      Many McCormick spices are labeled gluten-free: https://www.mccormick.com/search?q=gluten-free Here is their allergen statement: