This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What everyone favorite Gluten Free Bread?

Jane07

Jane07 Enthusiast

Is  Little Northern Bakehouse Nut and Grain and good or Carbonaut bread any good?

if not what do you suggest i prefer brown or multi grain

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

KatieMartin
    Newest Member
    KatieMartin
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• amandavc
      Thanks Trents, that is helpful. 😊
    • trents
      The prescription version of Dulcolax may contain the same active ingredient but I wouldn't assume the non-active ingredients are the same as the over the counter product. I would check with the manufacturer of the prescription version to be sure. But if your procedure is tomorrow and you haven't finished the cleanout, will they go through with it?
    • Karen9084
      Thank you, trents. I actually have a prescription that reads Bisacodyl EC and read that it is actually Dulcolax. I’ve been online checking and I believe this does contain gluten. I took one at the start of my prep, another colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow but this is the first time I was ever given this medication/Dulcolax to use before the start of prep. Within an hour of the first dose, I was nauseous. I’m supposed to take the second dose as I finish the second half of my prep. I’m not going to take it. I haven’t had a chance yet to actually look up Bisacodyl but this wouldn’t be the first time I have been prescribed medication that contained gluten. The sad thing is, both my doctor and pharmacist know I am celiac and yet we still have to check ingredients on all medications, whether OTC or prescription. 
    • trents
      I had an uncle who was about TinaP's dad's age when he was diagnosed. By then he was a widower and had always been a very social person. Much of his life revolved around lunch meetings with his friends from church several times a week. Very early on after his diagnosis he realized that trying to maintain a gluten-free lifestyle was not going to be compatible with his social life so he pretty much bagged it. He lived about another 10 years after diagnosis and it's hard to say how much his decision affected his health or life span. But I understood and respected his decision. 
    • TrinaP
      @Vickey Matteson I totally get that. My dad was diagnosed at 78 and he’s a silent celiac. He consumes gluten quite often but I try to give him a break because at that age I might just say “screw it” as well!!! 🤣