This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. knitty kitty

knitty kitty

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

CoryNCali
    Newest Member
    CoryNCali
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Scott Adams
      I agree with @trents and reactions can vary quite a bit from person to person, and can depend on the "dosage" of gluten ingested.  This article, and the comments below it, may be helpful:    
    • Scott Adams
      The amounts you're consuming seem reasonable. The recommended daily intake for folate is around 400-600 mcg for most adults, and you're likely meeting this through a combination of your supplement and diet. Natural folate from food, like what you're getting from beef liver, is less likely to cause toxicity compared to synthetic folic acid, even at higher doses. However, it’s important to avoid excessive supplementation—most recommendations suggest staying under 1,000 mcg of supplemental folate unless advised by a healthcare provider.
    • Wheatwacked
      I only eat the Heritage syle for Roast beef sandwiches
    • Scott Adams
      This company makes some coconut based flavors that are great: https://www.cosmicbliss.com 
    • Scott Adams
      Like many with celiac disease I avoid oats--it's too bad Eban's includes GF oats in their breads, otherwise I'd give them a try. Wait, no I wouldn't...it's $9.99 per loaf, and $19.95 for shipping--Grand total $29.94! I'll stick to Franz GF Bread from Costco for ~$5 per loaf.