This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate
  1. Wheatwacked

Wheatwacked

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Monasmadali
    Newest Member
    Monasmadali
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      Be careful about Trader Joe's gluten-free products. There was a big scandal back this summer over some of their gluten-free products testing well out of limit for qualifying as gluten free. There are threads about it on this forum if you want to look it up. I forget which TJ gluten-free products were involved but if I recall correctly their gluten-free bagel product was among them. I don't know if the problem has been corrected.
    • trents
      Don't forget about NCGS.
    • Carolyn guancione
      I found that the brand schar to be very good there sour dough is very good and so are the bagels but the best bagel so far is Trader Joe’s in the purple bag 
    • NatalieCO
      Yes, I am aware having the 1 or more of the Celiac genes does not mean I would necessarily get the disease but I do appreciate the reminder. My hope was just to rule Celiac out if I do not have the gene(s) and show the initial positive ttga was likely due to something else.
    • Wheatwacked
      It takes time to heal. One aspect of Celiac Disease some doctors don't check for is malabsorption syndome leading to malnutrition. Non Gluten foods are not usually fortified. Vitamin D deficiency is common, 90% of the industialized population eat less than than the Adequite Intake of choline.  Iodine is 50% intake compared to 1970 and is becoming a concern.  Thiamine runs out quickly.