This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Confused why I’m still low positive

Countrygiant95

Countrygiant95 Rookie

Would regular cross contamination up until 4 months ago be the reason my

TTG antibodies are still testing positive in low amounts?? I went gluten-free last August 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Wheatwacked Veteran

It takes time to heal.

One aspect of Celiac Disease some doctors don't check for is malabsorption syndome leading to malnutrition. Non Gluten foods are not usually fortified.

Vitamin D deficiency is common, 90% of the industialized population eat less than than the Adequite Intake of choline.  Iodine is 50% intake compared to 1970 and is becoming a concern.  Thiamine runs out quickly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

DOGLOVERINFLORIDA
    Newest Member
    DOGLOVERINFLORIDA
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      I assume you know that having one or more of the "celiac genes" does not equate to having celiac disease. Almost 40% of the population has one or more of the genes but only about 1% will develop active celiac disease. It's more of a rule out diagnostic measure in the sense that if you don't have one or more of the genes associated with celiac disease it is very unlikely you can develop celiac disease.
    • DOGLOVERINFLORIDA
      Canyon Bread.  They make fresh and frozen.  Bagels, english muffins and several different types of breads.  So far I have enjoyed all of their products except for english muffins.  I have not been able to find these yet. 
    • NatalieCO
      Thank you all for the helpful comments and articles! I am highly considering going gluten free just to see if I would feel better overall, whether or not I get an official diagnosis of Celiac. And EMA just came back negative! Genetic test results hopefully within the next week. 
    • Countrygiant95
      Would regular cross contamination up until 4 months ago be the reason my TTG antibodies are still testing positive in low amounts?? I went gluten-free last August 
    • Wheatwacked
      Just to point out Hashimoto is also an autoimmune disease like Celiac so you most likely have very low 25(OH)D vitamin D blood plasma.  Low vitamin D plasma is is a compromised immune system and leaves you open to more autoimmune diseases in the future not to mention osteoporosis. Personally, although the experts deny that osteoporosis is autoimmune, it makes sense to me that it is the first one to be affected by low vitamin D, then comes Hashimoto, Celiac and the rest.  Vitamin D at 80 ng/ml keeps the immune system from out of control B and T cells. This article may clarify your test results and your resistance. Are You Confused About Your Celiac Disease Lab Results?