This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Think I Will Give The Diet A Try

j9n

j9n Contributor

When the doctor gave me the results of my endoscopy he hesitated like he wasn't sure then said no I did not have celiac. I don't know what the hesitation was because I havent seen the results myself.

I have so many symptoms I really wonder and it could not hurt to try and hopefully I will feel better. So far nothing else has worked and I already have had the bloodwork and endoscopy so why not?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

plantime Contributor

So why not? I agree with you, since nothing else has helped. Bloodwork and endoscopy have been negative before, false ones happen. If you try the diet and start to feel better, then you will know what to do for yourself. We'll help as best we can!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Mary Storck
    Newest Member
    Mary Storck
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• knitty kitty
      Welcome to the forum, @Jean Shifrin Yes, I get achy swelling joints if exposed to gluten.  The antigluten antibodies can attack the connective tissue in joints.   Here's an interesting article... Isolated polyarthritis revealing celiac disease: A case report https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37434897/
    • trents
      Good point. But I have been made very ill by eating unwashed quinoa that was not cooked but used in a side salad.
    • knitty kitty
      Lectins are broken down by cooking.  Using a pressure cooker is recommended for breaking down lectins in beans.  Cooking all alternative grains and rice thoroughly should help.
    • trents
      Quinoa is high in lectins. Try rinsing it thoroughly before cooking and consuming it.
    • mariliabertin
      Hi! I can't eat oat and quinoa too. I am having reactions right now and searched about quinoa. I only knew about oats. Three weeks later I have changed oats to painco and quinoa. Painco was a great option, but all 4 times i ate quinoa, it was painfull. I feel hopeless everytime I undestand how deeper celiac disease is.