This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Which Seasoning Brand Do You Use?

mart

mart Contributor

Hi, we use Lawry's Season Salt. They told us that they "believe" it is gluten-free. I'm not sure, but I think this could be what is secretly glutening my kids and I'd like to make a change to test it.

Can anyone recommend a good, gluten-free seasoning?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

Lowrys season salt is NOT gluten-free when I was little it made me sooo sick, we use mayacamas seasoning salt

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm afraid of the spice mixes. I buy individual McCormack spices and mix them up according to what I'm making.

Lisa Mentor

I buy McCormacks Grinder, but I alway look at the ingrediences.

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

I just bought this stuff from my co-op called "Seasoning" made by Lydia's Organics in California. It's weird, but it tastes good. It contains: dehydrated carrots, celery, parsley, sprouted seeds (sunflower, almond, flax) herbs, and himalayan crystal salt. She says it's all organic and all gluten, sugar, and oil free. She also makes cereal and crackers are bars. Mind you, the stuff costs an arm and a leg -- I'm always a sucker for packaging. Anyway, just had it on my salmon burger and it was pretty good. It's 5.79 for a pretty large package (has no amount on it).

website is: www.lydiasorganics.com

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I'm not to brand specific when it comes to seasonings but I won't use mixed seasonings and always read ingredients. I'll use straight garlic powder, salt, pepper, ect. But never anything that is a seasoning mix. The only brand I would probably trust if I was going to do that is McCormick.

mouse Enthusiast

Hey Molly, you are at it again. You need to take the Barry Bonds thing out below the new avitar. Like the legs. I know they are not real tatoo's - bored were you LOL?

I also buy seasoning blends from The Gluten Free Pantry. I really like them for the appropriate cooking.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

It was tye dye in chem class me and my friends had a major tye dye war squirting each other with the dye and running around campus during chem. It was a realx day before the SAT 2 today.

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, I have to say--you look pretty darn relaxed there! :lol:

flagbabyds Collaborator

it won't come off for a long long time though............................................................................

Also cause the SAT practice tests i al got 800 on so...

Lisa Mentor

MOLLY,

YOU ARE TRUELY OUR OWN NUT CASE. :D:D

Be the doctor and cure us all. :)

Lisa

flagbabyds Collaborator

hoping to go to med school in like a long time but...

kevsmom Contributor

I sprinkle Gluten Free Pantry Chicken Flavor Broth Mix on veggies or rice. It gives them a nice flavoring.

Cindy

lindalee Enthusiast
Lowrys season salt is NOT gluten-free when I was little it made me sooo sick, we use mayacamas seasoning salt

Just took that out of the cupboard. I have several I am afraid of. Thanks. LindalLee

Cheri A Contributor

I used to use Lawrys Season Salt on EVERYTHING.. It made my daughter sick.

I now use Mrs. Dash (love that stuff), McCormicks Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper. I also have tried Gluten Free Pantrys Taco Seasoning and it was fine.

Girl Ninja Newbie

I pretty much use Mrs. Dash for everything. I do need to find a good chili seasoning. My very favorite was French's Chili-O plus some packets of Taco Bell fire sauce for spice. TB sauce is gluten-free, but French's is definitely not.

lindalee Enthusiast
I used to use Lawrys Season Salt on EVERYTHING.. It made my daughter sick.

I now use Mrs. Dash (love that stuff), McCormicks Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper. I also have tried Gluten Free Pantrys Taco Seasoning and it was fine.

All the Mrs. Dash ok? LLee

Guest nini

I get several of the Gluten Free Pantry spice mixes... I also mostly use Simply Organic spices... and for other things I stick with McCormicks and always read the label because McCormicks will disclose wheat on the label.

psawyer Proficient

Lawry's is different in Canada and the US. If my understanding is correct, the Canadian version is gluten-free, but the US version has barley in the flavors. **Edited: I was wrong. It is gluten-free**

Ingredient lists:

USA: Salt, sugar, spices (including paprika and turmeric), onion, cornstarch, garlic, tricalcium phosphate (prevents caking), paprika oleoresin (for color), natural flavor, soy lecithin.

Canada: Salt, sugar, spices, dehydrated onions and garlic, corn starch, tricalcium phosphate, soybean oil, herbs, soy lecithin and sulphites.

In Canada, call 1-800-565-7273; in the US 1-800-952-9797. The last I knew, the Canadian claim was that it was ok, but it has been quite a while since I checked (a 450g package lasts a long time around here).

Rusla Enthusiast

I use and sell Epicure Selections, they are only in Canada. Everything they make all dips, seasonings, rubs, extracts, popcorn seasonings,chocolate, coffee toppers etc., are gluten-free except for the Bacon, chives and cheese dip and the sushi kit. I eat them all the time and no problems.

eKatherine Rookie

I always use separately purchased spices, though sometimes I mix some myself. My mother never buys spices separately. When I wanted to sprinkle pepper on something at the table, she didn't have any, just lots of bottles of "seasoning blends".

tarnalberry Community Regular

I also buy individual herbs. (I usually purchase Spice Hunter or Simply Organic as well, though I'll get McCormick if I can't get those or dry my own.) I do have premixed blends for chili powder (as that's a blend), curry seasoning (as that's a blend), and garlic salt (for table use).

Mango04 Enthusiast

Celtic Gray Sea Minerals make food taste amazing! They are ridiculously expensive, but a little bag lasts forever...and they provide all sorts of nutrients and minerals...and are definitley gluten-free!

BRUMI1968 Collaborator
Celtic Gray Sea Minerals make food taste amazing! They are ridiculously expensive, but a little bag lasts forever...and they provide all sorts of nutrients and minerals...and are definitley gluten-free!

Yeah, Himalayan pink salt is the same. You'll go broke eating it, but it's yummy and nutritious.

mart Contributor
Lawry's is different in Canada and the US. If my understanding is correct, the Canadian version is gluten-free, but the US version has barley in the flavors.

Ingredient lists:

USA: Salt, sugar, spices (including paprika and turmeric), onion, cornstarch, garlic, tricalcium phosphate (prevents caking), paprika oleoresin (for color), natural flavor, soy lecithin.

Canada: Salt, sugar, spices, dehydrated onions and garlic, corn starch, tricalcium phosphate, soybean oil, herbs, soy lecithin and sulphites.

In Canada, call 1-800-565-7273; in the US 1-800-952-9797. The last I knew, the Canadian claim was that it was ok, but it has been quite a while since I checked (a 450g package lasts a long time around here).

Wow, Peter. Are you sure of this? We'd called them before and they said gluten-free, but hey, something's making my son sick, and if you have inside info, then great...I'll just use something else.

Archived