This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Megan's Gagging Isn't Any Better

TCA

TCA Contributor

I never thought I'd be to the point that I'd be afraid to drink bottled water!!!! :blink:

Thanks so much for the prayers over the past few weeks and in prep for the scope. All of you are a great support in my life and Megan's life. You help me think of possibilities, give me hope, and lift us up in prayer. I couldn't ask for better.

Love,

Tanya

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mouse Enthusiast

Tanya, I have the prayers highlighted for Megan tomorrow. Have a safe trip.

About the bottled water - ugh - we buy cases of it as you never leave the house without one in your hand. Not here in Arizona. I wish someone would remember which ones are safe to drink. I just buy the ones on sale.

AndreaB Contributor

OK you guys...I just emailed a person who might remember which brands were the good ones. Don't know when she'll get back to me. I also informed her about Megan so she can pray for her as well.

Guest Robbin

:) I don't know if this is helpful, but we had spring water delivered by jugs for our son that was from a spring in PA. He still only drinks bottled water (Dannon) and has never had flouride. The pediatrician told me that a calcium supplement and a multivitamin would do more for his teeth. I have to say he had the hardest baby teeth with very long roots and just lost the last one (he's 13!) He only had two small surface cavities in his life, and I blame that on lazy brushing habits and a gummy bear addiction. (He has kicked that one thank god -now has braces :blink: )

I saw where the shuttle took off --yay! And many prayers for you tomorrow from VA :)

Cheri A Contributor

Up early in MN and praying for you, Tanya, for your trip, for wisdom for the drs, and for little Megan as she has the scope done today.

AndreaB Contributor

Tanya and the rest of you interested in bottled water.

Aquafina is the better of the brands out there. There were a few others but she uses aquafina as it was one of the lesser expensive ones. Some of the more expensive ones are worse. There were only 3-4 bottles out of probably around 15 that scored low.

Tanay,

I hope all is going well for you guys and Megan this morning. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

eKatherine Rookie
How do you know that the bottled water is better than normal tap water? I saw a 20/20 or such show that tested a bunch of the well known waters, store brand waters etc and they really weren't any better for you than tap waters...

I'm not all that particular. As long as it isn't fluoridated and tastes good (our city water tastes nasty with the chlorine compounds they add to it) it's good enough for me. So I just buy a store brand in jugs.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shai76 Explorer

I love the more expensive waters. But I only buy them as a special treat once in awhile, I hate paying a lot for water! But which of the more expensive ones are bad and what exactly is in them???

I'm imagining someone filling bottles up from their tap in a swanky New Jersey apartment, labeling it and then shipping it to the store where I buy it for a hiked up price and think it is great for me. I have a few OCD problems and my mind wanders off.

Hope everything has gone okay with Megan.

VydorScope Proficient

WEll my cellphone has not rung yet, and since she is gonna call if hters a problem that means no problem yet! :D

TCA Contributor

Just wanted to let everyone know that the scope went great and we're back home, surprise! The IV was barely able to get her through surgery and they weren't able to start TPN before they lost it, so we got to go home. Nothing was visible on the scope, so that's good news. We'll hear from the biopsies next week. Thanks so much for all the prayers!!!!!!! They've paid off so far. Plus she's gained 13 oz!!!!!!!! amazing how prayer works!!!!

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

I've been thinking of you on and off all day. I'm so glad she's gained (nearly a pound!) and that you're home. Hope everything else from here on is smooth sailing! (But will still keep up the prayers!)

jerseyangel Proficient

I kept checking in today to see if you had posted. So relieved to hear that it went well :) Great news about the weight gain, too. What a little trooper!

AndreaB Contributor

That's great news all around Tanya!

I bet the doctors are happy with her weight gain. Does that make things better for surgery next month?

Cheri A Contributor

Yay!! Glad that it went so well AND that she gained weight! What an answer to prayer!

Tanya ~ I hope that you do get to go see another space shuttle launch before it's discontinued. My boys came home today and they are still on cloud nine after their experience with the whole thing. They have amazing pictures and yesterday got to eat lunch with an astronaut, Mike Mulane. Got a picture and a signed copy of his book. Did the robot experience thing about 4 times. Nick got to do some interactive Mad Science show. Way cool!

mouse Enthusiast

Tanya, you have made my day. Glad the scope went well and that MEGAN HAS GAINED 13 OZ'S. I had to yell about the weight gain :lol: . Well done Mommy.

penguin Community Regular

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I was worried about her today, good job!!!!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

WOW THE POWER OF PRAYER AND GOOD DRS. AND LOVING MOM'S AND DADS.

SO HAPPY YOUR HOME AND IT'S BEHIND YOU

PRAYED FOR YOU GUYS ALL DAY FROM THE FIRST THING WHEN I WOKE UP

SO THRILLED FOR YOU

LOVE

JUDY

shai76 Explorer

What a relief! I'm glad she tolerated it so well and that everything appears okay. :)

VydorScope Proficient

YAHOOO!!!!!!!

Guest Robbin
:) Thank God. I am so relieved to hear the news and 13 oz. gained!!! Yay Megan!!!
jenvan Collaborator
Just wanted to let everyone know that the scope went great and we're back home, surprise! The IV was barely able to get her through surgery and they weren't able to start TPN before they lost it, so we got to go home. Nothing was visible on the scope, so that's good news. We'll hear from the biopsies next week. Thanks so much for all the prayers!!!!!!! They've paid off so far. Plus she's gained 13 oz!!!!!!!! amazing how prayer works!!!!

Wonderful news--so glad!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

I love good news!!! :):):)

Nic Collaborator

Nice to hear the good news. If you are still interested in the name of the disease my friends daughter had, here it is. I don't believe I am spelling correctly but phonetically, it sounds like, eocinaphilic gastrointeristis.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Nice to hear the good news. If you are still interested in the name of the disease my friends daughter had, here it is. I don't believe I am spelling correctly but phonetically, it sounds like, eocinaphilic gastrointeristis.

I'm guessing that might be "Eosiniphilic gastroenteritis?" Here is a link, don't know how good it is: Open Original Shared Link.

schuyler Apprentice

That's awesome news Tanya!!! Way to go Megan!!!!!!!

Archived