This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Megan's Gagging Isn't Any Better

TCA

key Contributor

That is awesome Megan gained 13 oz! That is alot! Glad the scope went well and you are home.

Monica

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Hi, Tanya,

How is everything today?

mart Contributor

THANK GOD! :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

how are you and Megan doing today? Just checking in.

judy in philly

TCA Contributor

Sorry for taking a while to post. I took Meg to see her great grandparents one more time before surgery. She was feeling so good yesterday, but things went downhill fast today. She was so lethargic and was sweating heavily and turning blue around her mouth. We came home a day early. Once we got home and she saw her daddy she seemed fine. I think she's trying to give me a heart condition too!!!!!

We did hear from the surgeon's office today and have a new surgery date for 7/25 with a backup date in august. That's still a bit flexible.

I hope all of you are doing well. Hopefully she'll continue to feel good tonight and we can all rest well!

Hugs,

Tanya

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

glad you posted. wow that must have been scarey for you. Glad she perked up when she got home.

is the surgery on the 25 for her heart?

I'll mark the date on the calendar.

hope you can sleep well --all of you.

hugs and prayers

judy

mouse Enthusiast

Hi Tanya. When you did not post I was concerned that things were not going well. Isn't that terrible that we expect you to be tied to the computer and not have any life at all. Glad to hear that you did a normal thing even if she had a few problems. Still saying prayers for a great Mom and wonderful Megan.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TCA Contributor

I appreciate you wanting to hear. I should have posted that I was going out of town for a couple days. My husband's grandparents are still relatively healthy, but have a hard time getting around. He wanted me to take her down to see them before surgery. They just love her so much. it's about 3.5 hrs. away so we got dr. permission first. I'm glad they got to see her, but it's much easier to manage everything from home!!!

7/25 is for heart surgery. sorry I wasn't more specific. The surgeon is out of town until 7/17 on vacation, so we'll see what he says when he gets back. Part of me is anxious to get it over with and part is dreading it terribly. I guess it's coming either way.

Cheri A Contributor

((Tanya)) ~ I'm so glad that you were able to take her to see her great grandparents! The blue lips sound very scary, but I'm happy that she got better when you got her home. Marked my calendar too for the surgery!!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI

THIS IS GREAT YOU DROVE ALL THAT WAY TO TAKE MEGAN TO SEE THEM. KNOW IT MEANS SO MUCH TO THEM...

I KNOW YOU TRUST THE SURGEON AND KNOW THE SURGERY IS A MUST...SO GUESS IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN SOONER OR LATER AND DON'T THINK THEY'D DO IT NOW IF THEY DIDN'T THINK SHE WAS STRONG ENOUGH SOOOOO GUESS....YOU JUST HAVE TO 'JUMP IN' AND PRAY ALOT AND WE'LL BE HERE PRAYING ALONG WITH YOU..WORKED LAST TIME..NO REASON IT WONT AGAIN. MEGS SEEMS LIKE A FIGHTER TO ME--JUST LIKE HER MOM

HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR CONTINUED HEALING TILL AND THROUGH THE 25TH.

JUDY

VydorScope Proficient

Would it be too much to ask for a daily update? :D

TCA Contributor
Would it be too much to ask for a daily update? :D

Not at all. I just don't want you guys to get tired of hearing from me!!! Meg didn't have a great night with the choking. She had 2 spells where she started turning blue, but her color came back right as I was about to take her to the ER. I'm calling the cardiologist tomorrow to talk about all of this. She's sleeping a lot more and very lethargic. She also is breaking into sweats a lot for no apparent reason. We considered taking her to church this morning, but Jarod and Cole went on without us because she's just so tired and fussy. She's sleeping now. She just doesn't feel good very much anymore. I'm beginning to be really glad that they moved up surgery. I think she's telling us it's time.

Guest Robbin

I will mark it on my calendar too and will be praying daily for her. If you cannot post daily, maybe every other, but we WANT to hear from you. You are doing a great job under great pressure. Love & Prayers to you all. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Tanya,

You know, it's interesting that Megan was fine and flew threw the tests last week and now she's not doing well again. Could it be the hand of God saying, "no, the heart surgery need to be first"? I too like to have updates as you are able to post them. She sounds like a sweet little girl whom I wouldn't mind meeting if we were in your area (we are in WA state). Glad she's a fighter, that will help her continue to fight and get through surgery. Did I read right that she has to undergo surgery for her heart as she grows? May God continue to grant you and your family the strength to continue through this trying time. I'm sure you know this verse, but I want to end with it. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11-28-30. Also, "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved" Psalm 55:22 and "Casting all your care upon him for he careth for you" 1 Peter 5:7.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Not at all. I just don't want you guys to get tired of hearing from me!!! Meg didn't have a great night with the choking. She had 2 spells where she started turning blue, but her color came back right as I was about to take her to the ER.

tanya,

I know it's stressful and one more thing for you to do...but we don't ever get tired of hearing from you...

i ck at least 3 times a day to see if you post and if you don't i worry....so when you can..we want and are anxious to hear how things are going.

last nite must have been so scarey ...just a long list of 'scarey' right????

I agree, think the time is right...she seems to need it now and glad they are moving it up.

we love ya mom

take care and give Meg's a kiss for me.

Judy

TCA Contributor

Thanks everyone for the support and prayers. I'm now glad they're moving it up too. Let's just get it over with since we know we have to do it anyway and I hope and pray it makes all the difference in the world in her health. Some of the drs. seem to think so. some don't, but I have faith that it will. I have to!

Thanks for the scriptures Andrea. I grew up in a small church and the first scripture was a song we often sang. It gives me comfort for sure. I wish we could meet too, but we're pretty much on opposite sides of the continent! I guess we're lucky to have met here.

Meg is so clingy now. She never wants me to put her down. I guess she's telling me she doesn't feel good. It's hard because I have to put her down to do some things, like pump. I would sit and hold her all the time if I could, though. Anything to make her more comfortable.

mouse Enthusiast

I agree that we all want updates, if you can find the time. We are all concerned for Megan, you and your family. Hang in there as the operation is right around the corner. Prayers and Hugs coming your way.

Cheri A Contributor

((Tanya)) ~ I also agree that I check on here for your updates and want to know how Meg and you are doing. hugs and prayers!!!

TCA Contributor

Well, I called the local cardiologist this morning and have a 10:00. I don't really like him, but he's the only one in town, so trying to work with him. Hopefully he'll have some answers as to why Meg is feeling so bad. She had another bad night and feels bad this morning. I'll let you all know what he says....

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Tanya, sorry about your nite..glad you can get in..hope he will impress you today prayers for a good productive and helpful visit with dr.

you know we look for your posts so when you find time a short fast note..or a vent note ..what ever you need will start prayers now.

have to ck your time zone

hugs and prayers and love

judy

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Hang in there, Tanya--we're continuing to wish on stars and sending prayers and love...

TCA Contributor

Just wanted to let you all know that we're back at Vandy. They want to observe Meg to see what may be going on. She's hooked up to everything now and not happy about it. so far she hasn't had any spells, so we'll see how long they want to observe her. Surgery may be iminent, but we don't know yet. They're doing lots of tests. Her surgeon is out of town until Sat., so I hope they can wait til then. The kitchen has been great about working with the dietary restrictions. I basically had a salad with lettuce and tomato tonight, but at least I knew it was safe! They really are kind about all of it. Thanks for the prayers. I feel like we're in the hurry up and wait game. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Guest Robbin

Thank you for checking in with us. Megan is the reason I have been checking here every night lately. I am fervently praying for your precious little one and for you for strength and health too.

AndreaB Contributor

Boy Tanya, poor Megan. I don't want her to have another spell but I would rather she have one while she's hooked up so they can try and determine what is wrong. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

VydorScope Proficient
Just wanted to let you all know that we're back at Vandy. They want to observe Meg to see what may be going on. She's hooked up to everything now and not happy about it. so far she hasn't had any spells, so we'll see how long they want to observe her. Surgery may be iminent, but we don't know yet. They're doing lots of tests. Her surgeon is out of town until Sat., so I hope they can wait til then. The kitchen has been great about working with the dietary restrictions. I basically had a salad with lettuce and tomato tonight, but at least I knew it was safe! They really are kind about all of it. Thanks for the prayers. I feel like we're in the hurry up and wait game. I'll check back in tomorrow.

I hope you brought our phone numbers! We stand by ready to help (err... *runs off to get cell phone* )

Archived