This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Megan's Gagging Isn't Any Better

TCA

KayJay Enthusiast

What great news! That is amazing I thought they said she would have to stay 6 weeks! Just amazing!!!

My dh ask about her all the time too :D We are just one big family in this small world :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luvs to Scrap Apprentice

So glad you are home! Will continue to pray for smooth and quick recovery. :) Kendra

TCA Contributor

Thanks everyone for the welcome home!!!! Meg is doing well, just fussy. Her incision site is itching and she's trying to scratch it. Just called the surgeon and he said benedryl cream would be ok to try and that seems to be helping. Things are busy around here, but I hope I can start joining in around here more now.

Each of you have been such a blessing over the past few months. I never imagined when I started this thread looking for answers what it would turn into. Thanks seems such a meager way to express my gratitude for each prayer and encouraging word. Just know that even if you are my "virtual friends", as my husband jokes, you are some of the best friends a person could ever have. May God bless each of you as he has our family.

Love,

Tanya

Nic Collaborator

Tanya,

I am glad everything went so well. I know I seem stuck on this but how is the gagging? If she is still doing it, it must be hard on her with here incision.

Nicole

Lisa Mentor

Much love to you and your family.

Lisa

VydorScope Proficient

YAY!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

This calls for a new smilie likethis one!

Click here to see it!

EDIT: Fixed link :)

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

I couldn't access the smilie :( It said, "FORBIDDEN."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

:( I couldn't access the smile either but Vincent you 'ROCK'

THAT SMILE SAYS IT ALL.... :lol:

WELCOME BACK LISA.

THANKS FOR KEEPING US ALL INFORMED.

WE LOVE YOU ALL AND ESP OUR 'LITTLE MEGAN'

JUDY IN PHILLY

VydorScope Proficient

Sorry try this link instead..

CLICK ME!

MEGAN UPDATE

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 02, 2006 01:18 PM, CDT

Sorry I haven't updated earlier, but it's been a whirlwind! We got home safely last night. Megan's been really fussy from being sore, but is doing great. I gave her a warm bath this morning that seemed to relax her, being careful of her incision, of course. She is doing so good, though. We are truly blessed beyond measure. She is gaining weight so rapidly now. She's well over 18 lbs. now! She's outgrown her clothes since being admitted to the hospital, but she still has plenty that she hadn't been able to wear yet! She's so pink.

Her gagging is back with a vengence. I spoke with her GI before leaving the hospital yesterday and he thinks it's just from recovering from surgery. He wants to try her on formula alone, so we're slowly transitioning her to that to see if that will help. After a week, she should be on straight formula, then we can start trying to feed by mouth again, but only 1 new food every 7 days since she has shown so many intolerances. According to how feeding goes, we can start backing off the feeding tube. Please pray for the GI issues to resolve as she heals. This is the next major hurtle she has to face.

Thank you so much for carrying us through this time with your prayers and constant support. It is amazing how many friends and dear family members we realize we have now. So many of you have written in the guestbook, sent e-mails, packages, cards, and gifts. It's the love behind each of those things that we treasure. Know that each of you have a special place in our hearts.

Love to all - Jarod, Tanya, Cole, and Megan Hope

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Very good update - except for the gagging part. Oh I do pray this resolves itself soon....but good to be home, isn't it?

Vincent - excellent smiley :)

TCA Contributor

Vincent - LOVE the smiley. I think it's actually a picture of me as we left the hospital yesterday!!!! ;)

As you read, the gagging is still bad. I still have hopes it will improve. Made a followup with the GI today for 8/23. I'm going to think positive and say that by then the gagging will be gone and we won't have to worry about it! I'm so excited to be able to try to start foods with her next week. She's starting to act like she wants to eat, so I'm very hopeful. If the gagging stops on Neocate alone, then that will indicate there is a food issue, even though the scope was negative. If it continues, I will do the sulfite free thing and put her on breast milk alone for a while. Tried to at the hospital, but it was hopeless in that environment. I was just glad to be able to stay gluten, egg, and milk free.

Canadian Karen Community Regular
My husband asks everday ''How's baby Megan today!''

:)

Mine too! :lol:

Karen

Cheri A Contributor

Continuing to pray for Megan's healing and the gagging issue.

VydorScope Proficient

UPDATE!

THURSDAY, AUGUST 03, 2006 07:09 PM, CDT

Just wanted to let you all know that Megan had another great day. She's only needed pain medication once today. Her gagging has been a little better too. She has had a lot of problem with bile building up in her stomach and that seems a lot better today. Hopefully the gagging being worse was just a side effect of surgery causing digestion to slow. I see slight improvement and am overjoyed at that! I'm sure she will continue to improve.

mouse Enthusiast

Thanks Tanya for the great update. Still praying for the continued improvement.

jerseyangel Proficient

I think about Megan every day--so happy to see that she's continuing to improve! :) Tanya, thanks for continuing to keep us updated--I know you're busy ;)

schuyler Apprentice

Glad Meg's doing better! I hope her gagging improves soon.

key Contributor

So glad you are home again! Praying Megan's gagging continues to get better. Hope you are getting some rest.

Monica

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Just checking in on you, and adding my thoughts and prayers to everyone else's...

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

I'm just ck'n in too to see if any news on Megan.

HOpe all is progressing well esp with the gagging..

love

judy

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Also just checking in on "Our Little Meg"........ The updates sound wonderful!

Hugs.

Karen

Guest Robbin
:) Great news! So glad you are home and I hope you are able to rest, Tanya. How is little Cole now that sister is home? He sure is a little trouper too. Megan is always in my prayers, as all of you are. Thank you for the updates.
VydorScope Proficient

MEGAN UPDATE

FRIDAY, AUGUST 04, 2006 09:16 PM, CDT

Megan in improving each day. Her gagging seems to be getting back to normal. Not that that's great, but at least it's improving!!! It cooled off a little here today and we got her outside some this afternoon, which she loved. Jarod had his chainsaw out cutting some trees and she happily watched Daddy labor away. From a distance, of course. She only took a 5 min. nap all day long. She's just so afraid she will miss something. She was out by 7 pm. That's a big change from sleeping 6-8 hrs. during the day before surgery. She pulled the steristrips off her chest tube scars today, so hopefully they've healed enough for that! Her chest scar is so clean. It healed even better this time than last time. An unexpected improvement is that her eczema is better with the improved blood flow. Who'd thought that would make a difference? I'm still praying hard that her GI issues will resolve on their own. We'd appreciate your prayers for the same thing! We know you people get results! ; )

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
MEGAN UPDATE

Thanks Vincent-so happy Tanya

This was the sweetest and most encouraging post so far...

Prayers will continue for you all

love and hugs

judy

mouse Enthusiast

The news from you Tanya, is getting better everyday. Of course we will all continue to pray. Can't desert our little Megan. Prayers and many Hugs for continued good news.

Archived