This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Are Hemorrhoids A Sign I've Been Glutened?

Mabc

Mabc Apprentice

I am working really hard to make sure I stay gluten free, but for some reason I got the bad H's last weekend. Sorry for the gross topic. Is this a symptom of being glutened?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I am working really hard to make sure I stay gluten free, but for some reason I got the bad H's last weekend. Sorry for the gross topic. Is this a symptom of being glutened?

I don't know about for others but for me it is.

tarnalberry Community Regular

Not for me. (For it, it is sometimes a sign I've been dairied.)

jenvan Collaborator

Hmm...it could be if your tendency with gluten is to get constipated. Like Tiffany...its a sign for me of getting dairy.

taz sharratt Enthusiast
Hmm...it could be if your tendency with gluten is to get constipated. Like Tiffany...its a sign for me of getting dairy.

had H for 10 years about the same time ive had suspected celiac and i do suffer with C badly sometimes bleeding, so i would say yes to that one, well me anyway.

mommida Enthusiast

During pregnancy the "H" was an issue and a trip to the chiropracter worked wonders.

L.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Anthony Miller
    Newest Member
    Anthony Miller
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      Okay, that sounds a lot better from a protein and calorie intake standpoint.
    • kopiq
      I eat a lot through out the day. 4 boiked eggs, chicken breast, pork chop, three bowls of rice, a potato,  at least 2 two or three 1/3 cup buckwheat pancakes as snacks and some gluten free rice crackers as snacks and mix veggies with at least one meal. This is a normal day for me. Also the pancakes sometimes have eggs mixed in them Sometimes ground beef patty as well
    • trents
      No, this is certainly not normal. Besides 4 eggs a day, what else are you eating to get protein? Four eggs only gives you about 32-36 g. of protein daily. At your height and weight you ought to be consuming 3-4x that much at least. Have you had your pancreatic enzyme levels checked? I fear your are experiencing some kind of metabolic syndrome and you need some specialized nutritional supervision, maybe even TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition).
    • kopiq
      I now i need vitamins, but how am i suppose to work when i feel comastose at 1500IU vitamin d and headaches?
    • kopiq
      thanks, sorry for the late reply, i havent been well. my dr said my vitamin D is low at 36 and to take 3000 iu a day. I tired it for two days all i could manage was 1500IU and i felt like i was in a coma for hours, then massive headaches. i cut the vitamin d out and got my own all natural multivitamin with 40IU D alongside a calcium//magnesium and zinc multi vitamin. everything digests so slow and i feel the effects of food for hours if not days especially oatmeal. I get so tired, lethargic and lose of interest in everything. i'm eating a lot of brown and white rice, buckwheat, gluten free flours and making my own breads/pancakes. eating about 4 eggs a day. Ive even tried gluten free torillias but the fat weighs me down its like is so slow to abosrb i feel gross and greasy inside.   is this normal? for foods to effect me so much? how can i cope? just eat bland/no fat?