This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Blood Test... What Do I Ask For?

GravStars

GravStars Contributor

hi everyone

i don't have medical insurance but i want to get tested for celiac. i've been considering enterolabs but also there's this place near me called "any lab test" where you can get tested for... you guessed it, any lab test... without a dr's visit. now i'm going to call and see if they can do the blood test for celiac. so my question is what is the name of this test, so i know what to ask for, instead of just calling it "the celiac blood test" since they might not know what that is and may need a more specific name?

EDIT:

Anti-tissue Transglutaminase Antibody (tTg), IgA

that's the one, i think. just wanna be sure i got it right

• 3 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mary lynne Newbie

my GI wrote it down as:

"Antiendomyselial antibody"

for some reason I was thinking it was "antiendomylesial"

but i'm new to this celiac thing too. :)

mary lynne

hi everyone

i don't have medical insurance but i want to get tested for celiac. i've been considering enterolabs but also there's this place near me called "any lab test" where you can get tested for... you guessed it, any lab test... without a dr's visit. now i'm going to call and see if they can do the blood test for celiac. so my question is what is the name of this test, so i know what to ask for, instead of just calling it "the celiac blood test" since they might not know what that is and may need a more specific name?

EDIT:

Kaycee Collaborator
hi everyone

EDIT:

According the my blood test results the test was for Tissue Transglutaminase iga, so I guess you are right and that would be the test to go for.

Cathy

susiek Apprentice

I got this list from somewhere just the other day so I can tell my doctor next week.

1) Anti-gliadin (AGA) IgA

2) Anti-gliadin (AGA) IgG

3) Anti-Tissue Transglutamise (tTg) IgA

4) Total Serum IgA

5) Anti-Tissue Transglutamise )tTg) IgG

6) Endomesial Antibody (EMA) IgA

Is this over kill? Or is it what's needed for a good dx?

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Yep,that's the one.

This is the 'celiac panel'.

All these are necessary for the doc to get a clear picture of what's going on.

:)

GravStars Contributor

thanks everyone

Archived