This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Manna From Anna

skinnyminny

skinnyminny Enthusiast

This bread is amazing.. it was 9$ for one mix at wild oats but had heard such good things about it I bought it I am gonna enjoy every crumb is there anyway to get it cheaper??? I LOVE IT!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gf4life Enthusiast

You can order them direct from the manufacturer for $5.50-$6.50 per mix. I don't know how much shipping will cost you, but if you buy a bunch it will probably still be cheaper than $9.

Open Original Shared Link

Ksmith Contributor

Which mix of Manna from Anna is the best? Anyone have a favorite? Thanks!

mamaw Community Regular

I get the yeast reg one but my daughter uses the no yeast one. Depends what other allergies you are trying to avoid. Anna does go to conferences & sells her mixes. Other then that I would say order directly from her website. That is how I've been doing it .... ...All of her stuff is very good.

floridanative Community Regular

Yes - this is the only bread I've made that tastes like bread to me. It is out of this world great! I pay $10 for the bag but get it locally and that makes two loafs so I don't think it's that bad, as far as gluten free prices go anyway. I'm going to make the pie crust as soon as we get some cooler weather here. Need to practice for my famous pecan pies I always make for the holidays.

I also use the reg. gluten free version but there is a corn free version as well as the yeast free one. I froze some of this for over three months and it was still great. I forgot it was in there but now I have a system so that won't happen again. This stuff is really so good I don't think it's a good idea to have around all the time. It's just empty calories but man it is great!

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Can somebody tell me what sets this stuff apart from other gluten-free bread (texture/flavor/special anti-crumble ingredients?/All of the above)? Everybody raves about it, but I have yet to track it down locally. I would love to try it if it is as good as everyone says. Just curious about what makes it so much better. That's all. (here's your chance to relate your Yummy Manna stories) :)

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I've contemplated getting this a few times as I've heard it's really good. Do you need a bread machine for it though or can I just make it in the oven in a regular pan?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

floridanative Community Regular

I don't have a bread machine - one bag makes two loaves of bread. And regarding what makes it different well.......it tastes like really good bread. Not like that spongy stuff that I had with every other type - Pamela's, Authentic, every other one I tried was not like bread to me, or good bread anyway. Breads from Anna (new name) is just fantastic! It's not like gluten free bread at all.

Ksmith Contributor
This stuff is really so good I don't think it's a good idea to have around all the time. It's just empty calories but man it is great!

Is it really not healthy?

mamaw Community Regular

I have to come in for Anna's defense here... if you order directly from her the mix is not $ 10.00 it is more like $ 6.50 & others are less. It is the stores that jack up the prices. I bought Namaste stuff for around $ 6.00 the I went someplace else & it was $3.00 more for the same item I just paid less for.....

I like Anna's mix because in my prior gluten world I ate hearty breads , ryes, wheats ect. - you know the staff of life wheat stuff!!!!!I never liked towntalk soft white bread... and if you are a towntalk white bread lover you probably will not like the taste or texture of Anna's mixes. The mix is a hearty mix & it is about the only one I eat ecept for baguettes & crusty rolls from Everybody Eats. And once in awhile I eat black china rice bread toasted with cream cheese on it....plus it doesn't fall apart when slice & it is just as good after freezing ........it is hard to find a good bread that is gluten-free. Plus you can make it by hand or in the machine..

One other thing I like about Anna is she will answer any ????'s you may have & she is a wonderful person...

If you are not sure about her mixes PLEASE send her an e- mail & ask your ???

"Gluten Evolution "

mamaw

gf4life Enthusiast
The mix is a hearty mix & it is about the only one I eat ecept for baguettes & crusty rolls from Everybody Eats.

I just checked out the website for this place Everybody Eats, and I want some baguettes! Does it really taste like french bread? Do they do mail order or online orders? It didn't look like it on their site, but what I wouldn't give for some gluten-free french bread!!! It is almost worth a trip to NY just to eat there...

They DO ship overnight with FedEX, I am going to have to place an order!

jkmunchkin Rising Star
I just checked out the website for this place Everybody Eats, and I want some baguettes! Does it really taste like french bread? Do they do mail order or online orders? It didn't look like it on their site, but what I wouldn't give for some gluten-free french bread!!! It is almost worth a trip to NY just to eat there...

They DO ship overnight with FedEX, I am going to have to place an order!

Their french baquettes are incredible!!! I'm pretty sure they do mail order / Fed Ex. I actually live in NY and have it messengered over because they are in Brooklyn, not Manhattan. If you are going to order I'd also suggest the pizza. It is amazing! Even DH who is picky NY'er about his pizza likes it.

Oh and if you need proof how good the bread is. I have a friend who's best friend just moved to L.A. who also has celiac, and we had to order her a whole bunch of the baquettes and overnight them to her. LOL!!

mamaw Community Regular

Everybody Eats will ship anywhere. If you look at their site they have some places that now carry their stuff. Some may be cheaper than ordering directly from them if they will ship . I'm not sure about shipping but I do know one of the places sells their stuff cheaper than they do. It doesn't make sense to me but I was told they can sell it for less because they are not in the BIG city.......I freeze alot of it ...... We just made garlic bread out of the bagutte --- Yummmmmmy.

You can e- mail them Bruce is very nice & will relpy back to you..... Tell him I suggested that you e-mail him-- Sande from Pa. I don't get anything for that but I told him I would put out the word about his stuff since I love it sooooo much.......

mamaw

BabySnooks Rookie
This bread is amazing.. it was 9$ for one mix at wild oats but had heard such good things about it I bought it I am gonna enjoy every crumb is there anyway to get it cheaper??? I LOVE IT!

Dear Skinny,

I agree, Anna's bread is so good! I get mine at Nutri Foods in Royal Oak, Michigan for $7.59. I am sorry, but don't know how much it is at stores across the country. A hint to make it moister: before you make your sandwich, zap slices in the microwave for just a few seconds.

Good luck.

Sharon

Archived