This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Checker's French Fries

NapoleonDM

NapoleonDM Newbie

Are Checkers drive through french fries gluten-free, company won't respond. They don't appear to be, b/c they look like they have batter on them? And seaonings. And there's no nutritional info or ingredients to look at from what I looked at.

Thanks.

-Kimberly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

RiceGuy Collaborator

I'd never trust fries from a fast food place. Too many chances for contamination while being prepared. If they are seasoned, I'd be doubly doubtful, and obviously if they are battered then no way.

Surprisingly, Ore Ida offers both seasoned and "Fast Food Fries" that are gluten-free. Here's their gluten-free list:

Open Original Shared Link

beaglemania Rookie

I really rather doubt it. They use a lot of seasonings, not mentioning the deep fryer too!!

LKelly8 Rookie

As a kid I remember how exciting it was to get a onion ring (accidentally) with my fries.

Now I think of it with horror. :blink::lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Melissa DL
    Newest Member
    Melissa DL
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Wheatwacked
      Watch out for those shoes with wobbly bubblewrap soles and insoles to make them comfortable.  They put a lot of stress on legs trying to compensate for the wobble. Gluten free foods are not required to fortify with the vitamins and minerals as non gluten free foods are.  Make sure she is getting enough. Low Thiamine can cause Gastrointestinal beriberi.  Choose vegatalbles with low omega 6.  It is inflammatory. 
    • Eldene
      Millet, yellow maize, chick pea flour, brown rice etc, are naturally gluten free (bar contamination). Many of these are called pseudo-grains.
    • Wheatwacked
      No problem not eating grains, but I would look for vitamin and mineral deficiencies given your history.  Gluten Free Diet with adequate vitamins and minerals, you should be healthier than your friends.
    • Wheatwacked
      That sounds more like a withdrawal from gluten reaction.  Gluten affects the opiod rececptors and like withdrawal from opidis it can take two week or so to withdraw.  Over the years the opiod effect of gluten has been masking the pain. Take it easy,  for the time being eat what makes your tummy happy.  Barring gluten. That pretty much is your answer.  You either have Celiac Disease or Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity,  whatever the results with the gastro are. In the UK there are financial and tax benefits to an official diagnosis.  It the US it may affect your health insurance negatively.  So you need to evaluate how important an official diagnosis is.  You have a diagnosis from the doctor, and even one day made you feel better.  How much more proof do you need that gluten affects you poorly?  This article may help you decide.   Are You Confused About Your Celiac Disease Lab Results? As trents mentioned if you are continuing with diagnosis you need to continue to eat gluten.  The gastroenterologist will likely want to do an endoscopy looking for damage to your small intestine.  The good about GFD Gluten Free Diet is you feel better.  The bad is that as soon as you begin to heal there is less chance of finding damage. Catch 22. Vitamins can contain gluten, though it's rare.  Either verify yours is gluten free, or simply get one that is.  But it is very important to raise your vitamin D level.  Even taking 10,000 IU a day it took from 2014 until 2021 to raise my level to 80 ng/mg ( in some labs it's measured as 200 nmol/L).   Get tested again in three months to see how much your blood level has gone up.  You may need to increase. Starting GFD is just the start.  No gluten diet removes the cause of the damage.  Now you have to replenish your vitamin deficiencies and repair the damage.   I often get lethagic after eating so I eat in the evening.  It seems that all that I eat goes straight to belly fat.  To keep up energy during the day and keep hunger in bay during the day I drink a lot of Red Bull.  It has suger and glucose for energy (all other foods have to be processed by your already sluggish liver), the vitamins and minerals you need to transport to the mitochondria and convert to ATP and Taurine, an essential amino acid antioxident that our body makes to nutraize the oxidents created by the conversion of glucose to ATP. What other vitamins and meds are you taking?  Check them and even your shampoo for gluten. Common deficiencies that can cause your symptoms are Thiamine, Choline, and Iodine. How long you take to heal depends on how much damage there is, your age, and how well you fulfill your essential vitamins and minerals.  Six months to two years to repair your small intestine.  You also need to repair the damage done by malnutrition. Without the gluten numbing your gut you may find foods that did not bother you now do.  Also your gut bacteria will be changing.  Yogourt and fermented foods like pickles (no vinegar)  will speed that along.  Choose vegetables with low omega six.  Overall you want less than 3 omega 6 molecules in you diet for every 1 omega 3.  Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids in Vegetables:
    • Wheatwacked
      If you have this reaction to a drug, whether it has gluten is moot.  That drug is not for you.  There are many other drugs that work as well.  For example a 10 ounce bottle of Magnesium Citrate.